Create a user Login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a user Login

I have read several threads about Memberships & Logins... But none are about what i'm after.

I'm looking for a script that i can add to create a user Login. I dont want to protect any of my pages, I just what to show how many users are online and who they are, simlar to the display you get at the bottom of a lot of Fourms..

Many Thanks in advance...

Also check out my update site and let me know what you think...

www.halo360.co.uk
    www.halo360.co.uk

Re: Create a user Login

you are probably going to have to use third party software other than Blue Voda, I dont have time to search for the software... but, I am sure there is a program to create the scripts... try searching downloads here:

http://www.zdnet.com/

Comment

User login has nothing to do with it. You need to
      1. Make your pages php
      2. Add in ALL pages, a On load event that will update a database with the visitor IP address. At the same time it will check al registered IP addresses for last time submission (with a "where time > actualtime - 900" command, where 15*60 = 900 = (usually) the automatic logout time).
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Forgive me, but how do i make my pages PHP?
        www.halo360.co.uk

Comment

Your problem is probably not how to make your pages php, but the php code to put in the pages.
          To publish your pages as php go in Page Properties, and select the extension php (when published).

However, this only publishes your page as php, meaning that the server will look for any php code in the page, and if it finds any, it will purse it. It is the onload event though that needs to be in php, placed in the Start of page. This onLoad Event is nothing more (and nothing less) than a piece of code that updates the users database with all users online (if they are logged in they are counted as users, usually making use of cookies, otherwise they are counted as guests). So, as you understand, it requires a full database setup and script, as well as a secondary part that will retreive this info from the database, whenever a page is loaded or refreshed, and sisplay it on the page.

However, i would retain from using such a script on anything else than a blog or forum (where, on the other hand, it usually already exists) because i would NOT like my visitors to be able to see that they are the only ones visiting my site at the moment........
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

?... I must be Dumb... I didn't understand any of that...

Thanks anyway!!!
            www.halo360.co.uk

Comment

Navaldesign has pointed out that it is not that simple to achieve what you have asked for.............

and if you dont mind naval's last point, then use the free membership script below my signature that has the facility of displaying current members online.
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
              X