Java Script and HTML the difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java Script and HTML the difference

Can someone please explain the difference between java script and html and when each should be used. Thanks

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
    egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
    Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Re: Java Script and HTML the difference

HTML is a statis webpage language that is use to make the actual structure and design of a webpage. Javascript is a more dynamic language, which in itself can't be used to make a webpage (the design and layout), but is used to make changes to the webpage without reloading, along with many other things.

HTML is used in every aspect of a website, BlueVoda creates a html page when you publish. You can't have a webpage without html, its oxygen for the internet if you will...

Javascript isn't required to be on a website, but helps if you want to say have a rotating picture, or want to have a pop out menu, or want to place google ads on your website.

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks Watdaflip
      I am a little familiar with HTML from building my website but did not understand when java script should be used.I take it from your reply that it is mainly for moving images etc.

www.thesoftwarebay.com
      egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
      Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

No, that is just one of the more common ways its used here. Javascript can be used to valid forms before they are submitted (although it should be validated afterwards as well), it can be used to create popups, print buttons, close a window, drop down menu's, the text editor this forum uses is made in javascript... the list goes on an on.

You don't need to ask yourself when should I use javascript, because you don't have to use it. The only time you need to use it is if something cant be done with just html alone.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X