Please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me

Hi everyone Ashley here I am having so much trouble Linking a picture, I want to link a picture to my second page and it just does not work... Ahhhhhhhh! I am alomost done my first page but when I look at it in a browser and click on the picture it goes no where I would like to link the picture to a second page from my first page Please Helppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks everyone . Ashley

Re: Please help me

the pahe that you are trying to link to, have you published it? If not, it may not be that the link is wrong. A page has to be online in order for a previewed page to link to it.

Comment

You would link the picture to a page like so. Double click on the pic, click on the Link tab, and in the URL, type something like this http://www.yourdomain.com/thesecondpage.html

Comment

I have tried everything it will not link to the second page Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what am I doing wrong?

Comment

Ashley.....maybe we can take a look and see what all you are dealing with?

Maybe you would like to post the URL of the website you are talking about first?? LOL
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

am I correct to believe that I must upload the page first? I hate to make a second page and then come to find out that it's not there. can I view the second page with internet explorer? please let me know .. Thanks

Comment

You can "Preview" each page individually using Blue Voda prior to publishing them, and you can see how it will actually look in the IE browser just as if online. (use the PREVIEW icon on the top-left BV toolbar.....roll your cursor over the icons until the label pops up for you to find it: next to the 'flying page' icon) ......you can even move your cursor over the hyperlinks to check if they have been properly named/labeled (as the link will show up in the lower left corner of the IE browser pane).

BUT....until the pages are published, you cannot link "page-to-page", simply becasue they are not really there online, right?

SO...until you have your pages published, I would suggest checking your links and other items using the simple "mouseover" technique, even if it is just to satisfy you as you move along! LOL (It is a good habit anyway, so don't feel bad!)

>> REMEMBER TO SAVE YOUR PAGES PROPERLY IN BV so you do not lose any of your work!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I had the same problem with my links you really need to make sure that every letter and word is spelt correct.
                for insatnce
                it should look like
                http://www.powellimages.co.uk/gallery1.html

Page saved is named gallery1.html

http://www.powellimages.co.uk/Gallery1.html SEE THE G- this will NOT work.

Right click on the picture in blue voda - go to link- and then put webpage address in.
                It should work after you have published.

Owain
                www.powellimages.co.uk

Comment

I'm stuck where I always get stuck. So many know this jargon; I don't. So, forgive dumb questions, ok?
                  First, in getting my free domain name, I have to fill out my account page and pay the first month, quarter, etc. Is that right?

Second, When I have the domain name, is it then that I can publish?

Third, Don't most people place a button on each page, and create a link between that and the next one, or back to "home"? The tutorial shows how to link a picture and text, so that confuses me.

Fourth, I have all my pages ready to go, but I don't know how to link them. I can't give up on this because it's a victim advocacy.

Help anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by charlee522
                    I'm stuck where I always get stuck. So many know this jargon; I don't. So, forgive dumb questions, ok?
                    First, in getting my free domain name, I have to fill out my account page and pay the first month, quarter, etc. Is that right?

Second, When I have the domain name, is it then that I can publish?

Third, Don't most people place a button on each page, and create a link between that and the next one, or back to "home"? The tutorial shows how to link a picture and text, so that confuses me.

Fourth, I have all my pages ready to go, but I don't know how to link them. I can't give up on this because it's a victim advocacy.

Help anyone?
                    I don not mean to be rude so do not take it that way, please view all the tutorials on building my web site. They will help you understand how the site is constructed and linked. Images need to be ftp to your public_html images directory or in the root directory under public_html, second all BV pages need to be published, and finally to link pages you need to place the path of where to find the page to be linked example in your menu under url enter http://www.yourwebsite.com/pagetolink.html need to do this for every page you want the menu to point to when clicked. Hope this helps also remember BV pages publish and everything else is ftp to your web-site.

Comment

Working...
                    X