Automated Backup Scripts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated Backup Scripts?

Has anyone come up with a way to backup your site? Obviously, I can FTP everything to my local drive but I'm looking for a backup solution that's more automated.
    - Does Vodahost offer an automated backup service for shared hosting?
    - Are there scripts (PHP or otherwise) I can use to automatically copy files to another hosted space?

Re: Automated Backup Scripts?

We do daily backups, but it is HIGHLY recommended that you have your own back ups of everything, click the below...

http://www.mysqlautobackup.com/

We can set you up an account on another server just for back ups.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Tough lesson to learn about backing everything up. I know - I lost a lot of data when my computer crashed. Since- I have been dilligent in making sure I back up everything.

I would say that 90% of your site is store on your computer save for any database stuff. So the remaining 10% of info that you would need to regularly back up- you would like automated.

I have just begun to explore Cron Jobs in the c-panel. I am unsure if this is a solution, but it is something to look into. With Cron Jobs it will carry out a specified script at a specified time. It can be set up to send you an e-mail when this is done. I would suspect that FTP'ing a file or folder to your computer or another place might be possible.

Perhaps e-mail Voda Host and see if this is possible - then find some one that can right the script to do so. Navaldesign is a regular member and he might have insight as to the Cron Jobs capabilities.

Just a thought.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Ok, thanks guys. I should've thought of Cron Job. I'll look into getting a second account as a place to backup files and data. Also, I'll try to track down a script to automate the file transfer. Hopefully the second account will not reside on the same server as the first one. Otherwise, I'll need a backup of the backup. ; )
        - Ric

Comment

The rest of the files are pretty much static and dont have to be backed up nearly as often, you can easily keep a current copy of your public_html folder on your PC.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Is it possible to make a backup of a site created on blue voda on a disc i.e. CD or DVD and update it each time changes are made.

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
            egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
            Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

Originally posted by egar50
              Is it possible to make a backup of a site created on blue voda on a disc i.e. CD or DVD and update it each time changes are made.

egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
              Theres no automatic way to do this.

The best way to backup your website created with BV is to backup the .bvp files, not the files that are on the server. There could be some program that you can install on your computer that will backup files in a specificied folder every x period of time (none that I know of off hand). But for the most part its just up to you to backup your .bvp files whenever you make a change. If you are really converned about backing it up after every change then I would just plug a portable flash drive in the back of your computer (you can a fairly large sized on for $10-20 bucks). And whenver you make a change just copy the bluevoda folder over to the flash drive.

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
              X