• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lasse
    Corporal

• May 2007

image protection, image display option, browser bar display

my domain is www.lasseclausen.com

1.) image protecion through javascript as posted in this forum only disables the right click save as, you can still just drag and drop the picture to your desktop for example and therefore save it.

2.while i'm ok with the way my photography is displayed now http://www.lasseclausen.com/light.html i would much rather have it that way http://www.ashesandsnow.org/en/portfolio/, though in this one you can save the pictures.
    what a shame lightbox doesnt have an image protection yet.

3. How do I define what is displayed on top of my browser, as in here on the top left says " Web Hosting... - Windows Internet Explorer" (i know it'll always W I E but I can define before the - , no?)

Thanks for your help
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: image protection, image display option, browser bar display

Hi, if its protection you want for your images? It cant be done showing them on a website. Is all you can do is deter or make it hard for someone to use your images. Personally, I think watermarking is a good start as it means the thief has to do a lot of work to be able to use them. Right click helps? But it took 2 seconds for me to find the url of your images. If the images are valuable? You can look into digitally watermarking them

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

There is NO WAY to protect a non watermarked image. Even if you disable right click, source code view etc, it is simply enough to press Ctrl+print screen and copy the entire screen, then cut/paste the area of the screen (image) that you want.

To name the page go in Page properties, and type in the Field "Title" the title of your page.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• lasse
        Corporal

• May 2007

thanks for the answers. i think a good compromise is to for image protection is to put a transparent shape in front of them.
        the problem with water marking is that it ruins the picture, so it's not an option.
        is there a way to make it more difficult to find out the url of the images? and how did u find that out in the first place? :)

i will also
        any ideas on point 2? on the link http://www.ashesandsnow.org/en/portfolio/ you have to go to "enter basic site" and then "portfolio" to see the way i would like the page to be set up...

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

No, puting a transparent shape infront, disabling right click or even using scripts that disable source code viewing, will NOT prevent anyone who is seriously intended to steel your pictures, from doing so.
          However, you are free to try.......
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• lasse
            Corporal

• May 2007

how do i disable source code view? there will still be the option of making a screen shoot, but at least there's one option less.

Comment

• lasse
              Corporal

• May 2007

i have the following problem not, the images are not uploaded properly, even though the upload says to be succesfull

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

Hi, all your images are there, but are not showing. How have you placed the images on the page? IE: using just the image button or one of the galleries.
                I’m no tecie on this. But it feels like there is a load of code missing.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• lasse
                  Corporal

• May 2007

i just placed the images on the side, no gallery used. I used to show alright, and after re uploading the site for the page title, i have this prolem now that some images are only showing partially...

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

Ah! I just see the side scroll. Your page has beaten the record for the most side scroll. Lol
                    The s/c button was so small on my screen I never noticed it. (your images are off the right).
                    Think you may have to look through the tutorials & plan your site for images. It maybe an idea to use some sort of photo album or the BV gallery. But you won’t be able to have pages this size for web use. Have a look at the images/photo link below for some basic ideas.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• lasse
                      Corporal

• May 2007

thanks for your help chris.
                      within the art and photography community right scrolling is very accepted. the only better option would be in the example that i linked.
                      what is driving me nuts right now is that some of the images are cut, and I can't figure out why...
                      anybody please help

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Your images are all there , and they appear in their entirety (no cut images) so i simply suppose that you had a line problem which made them appear only partly.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• lasse
                          Corporal

• May 2007

i keep having that problem... what is a line problem? how to fix it?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

A line problem: a problem with your internet line. Your pictures are there, i just checked again. It just takes a lot of time to load because your have many pictures in your page.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

• Collectors-info
                              General

• Feb 2006

Hi, as naval says your pictures are all showing ok. You have to take your images & make them all web page friendly. Many of your images are 6 times the size they need to be in KB’s at a high resolution & 12 times the size of very good quality. (And this is per image)
                              Any image on most monitors won’t look any different over 250kb. So anything over this is wasted & really slows the page down for loading. You would be far better off using an album or the bv gallery. Its very unusual to have images of this size in all aspects on 1 page.

Good luck.
                              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X