• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jon10
    Private First Class

• Oct 2005

Protecting downloadable items

I am building a website that I will sell a downloadable product and am trying to figure out how to protect it. My thought is to redirect the individual to a succesful payment page using the PayPal option for this and having a download link on this page. However what is to keep somebody from just saving the url as a favorite and giving it out to everyone. I need a way to only make this page available by PayPal redirect. If there is another way to do it I would appreciate any input I am sure this issue has allready been dealt with by many. I think what I am doing is very common. Thanks in advanced
  • Trigg004
    Private

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by jon10
    I am building a website that I will sell a downloadable product and am trying to figure out how to protect it. My thought is to redirect the individual to a succesful payment page using the PayPal option for this and having a download link on this page. However what is to keep somebody from just saving the url as a favorite and giving it out to everyone. I need a way to only make this page available by PayPal redirect. If there is another way to do it I would appreciate any input I am sure this issue has allready been dealt with by many. I think what I am doing is very common. Thanks in advanced
    not sure but i think you have to buy Vodahost thats what im told but
    wait for Vodahost , he will know

Comment

• VodaHost
      General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Your best bet is to manually send the product to the customer as soon as you have recieved his payment. He can wait a little while. As soon as business builds up, you
      can invest in a automated script with a download protecter. Just like the one below...

Last edited by VodaHost; 10-22-2005, 11:39 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Trigg004
        Private

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by VodaHost
        Your best bet is to manually send the product to the customer as soon as you have recieved his payment. He can wait a little while. As soon a business builds up, you
        can invest in a automated script with a download protecter. Just like the one below...

http://www.webmasterinabox.net/paypal_ipn.html
        you see he knows all!
        Hes got a good job! just pretty much tell everyone these links and how to solve problems.
        Did you make the website VodaHost?
        Last edited by Trigg004; 10-22-2005, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• jon10
          Private First Class

• Oct 2005

Thank you for the info I will probably get this however I have another question. I just realised that an affiliate could easily log into that page repeatedly if they had the url. Asuming you put the source code there for the affiliate credit. I am using the PAP that comes with the Vodahosting and was wondering if you have a suggestion for this. Maybe the same type of software that protects both my download and my affiliate code.

Comment

• VodaHost
            General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

The affiliate can not do this PAP will cookie and IP Trace his computer.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X