• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pet121
    webmaster

• May 2005

How to configure outlook to send

I spent 8 hours too many on working on this. I need some help/advice/pity. I have my outlook express confirgured to my wembmasters address, But it can only receive messages. How do I config to send messages useing my webmaster email on outlook. Please no tutorials they only explain how to receive not send. pet121
  • pet121
    webmaster

• May 2005

problem fixed

Originally posted by pet121
    I spent 8 hours too many on working on this. I need some help/advice/pity. I have my outlook express confirgured to my wembmasters address, But it can only receive messages. How do I config to send messages useing my webmaster email on outlook. Please no tutorials they only explain how to receive not send. pet121

Don't worry folks the caveman has figured it out. I just took a little thinking something I struggle with. pet121

Comment

• jon10
      Private First Class

• Oct 2005

I had that same problem so I set the incoming using my website informationa and set the outgoing using my internet provider information for the outgoing.

Example
      Incoming POP# mail.yourdomainname.com
      Outgoing SMTP mail.yourinternetprovider.com

Use the SMTP your local provider supplied you with and use your website domain email info for incoming. I hope this makes sense. What happens is your local internet provider blocks the outgoing to protect from spammers etc.
      For future readers.

Comment

• pet121
        webmaster

• May 2005

Thats All I did as well. Pretty straight forward. pet121

Comment

• Mandy
          Private First Class

• Oct 2005

i am struggling a bit unsuccessfully with getting my email set up. Can't follow what goes in what fields. MS Outlook keeps suggesting i delete the new email account i set up since it can't be accessed. Where do you use the 'info+yourdomainname.com' that is quoted to you when you create the account at blue voda? or don't you? I can't see where the email a/c you create in blue voda, the log in they give, and the password they give, should be applied (when setting up the email account for your website). All help gratefully received. thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X