• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarahince
    Private First Class

• Mar 2007

Help! How can I create a nicer looking menu

If you look at my site www.organicliving4you.com you will see that the menu is in a green box and many people say it over laps on thier computer and doesn't look professional. How can I make the menu look better? Are there tools I am missing? I was just told a while back that if the menu has regular html links the serach engines like it better than java. How can I do this and have a better looking menu. You will need to look at my site to see what I mean. Thanks

Sarah :)
  • Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Help! How can I create a nicer looking menu

What you can do is create some buttons in Fireworks or Photoshop and save it, then make a mouseover effect and save it.

So when the mouse goes over it, it changes colour but in a nicer way since it's a .jpg file.

Also - wondering - where did you get that BBBOnline logo? Are you signing up?
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• FlyingSilverFox
      Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

hi sarah,
      open up your site builder,
      look at the left hand side,
      right at the left bottom bottom,
      last icon, you point at it and see "Navigation" Click on this navigation.
      below it you see 2 points , Point at it you will see " toolbar option "
      click at tool bar option and click at the first one " menu Bar "

you can use these "navgation" and "toolbar option" to
      play around with interesting menu.

Hope this help you.
      cheers,
      fox
      sigpic
      Best Regards,
      Fox

Comment

• pristinelife
        Captain

• Apr 2007

Originally posted by sarahince
        If you look at my site www.organicliving4you.com you will see that the menu is in a green box and many people say it over laps on thier computer and doesn't look professional. How can I make the menu look better? Are there tools I am missing? I was just told a while back that if the menu has regular html links the serach engines like it better than java. How can I do this and have a better looking menu. You will need to look at my site to see what I mean. Thanks

Sarah :)
        Looks fine to me on IE7 Sarah, you might want to ask the which browser they're viewing your site on. Sorry I couldn't be of more help
        Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
        Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

• FlyingSilverFox
          Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

< many people say it over laps on thier computer and doesn't look professional >

don't worry lah , their computer is out dated and
          their eyes got problem.
          sigpic
          Best Regards,
          Fox

Comment

• Dorothy
            Master Sergeant

• Feb 2007

We try so hard, but please everyone at one time is not possible. Please yourself because the site is a reflection of you. Looks pretty good to me -- as if I should know! Saw a lot of empty space at the end that made me wonder how it would be to move the Rooms to Go, the answers, the natural products buttons down to space beside the house of nutrition. The differences in sizes of these three make them hard to place on the side prettily. As for the text links, I think to start them all at the extreme left with the uneven lines ending on the right side. Why I think that, I do not know. You're doing great work and your site is nice. Good luck to you.
            This is Dorothy with
            http://www.homespunways2.com

Comment

• sarahince
              Private First Class

• Mar 2007

Thank you very much for all your help. The search engines like regular text links better than java so I am trying to make it look pretty by using text links. I have a lot more to add to the site which is why there is a lot of empty space and I am in the process of optimizeing it which is taking time too. I am trying to publish a lot of these changes that I've made yet its not working because it says my password is not valid. My password is the same that it has always been which is the one that was emailed to me. I have sent in support tickets and to support@bluevoda.com and yet I haven't heard back yet. Sometimes I wish there was a number to call to get in touch with someone directly at blue voda. Did blue voda change the main isp address or something?

Sarah

Comment

• LadyEye
                General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi Sarah

Please check your email and (spam folder) for a recent email from vodahost, also please send your support ticket to support@vodahost.com

You are correct about the text menu, I cannot see your page at the moment but may I suggest a shape in a nice select color that matches your pages underneath of your text menu, perhaps even gradient ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• mrmagoo144
                  Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Hello;
                  All the menu and pictures came up on my page very nicely. I think I would follow FlyingSilverFox's advice. There are so many navigation buttons to choose from and with a little time you would enhance your site dramatically. To get SEO and recognition you will have to follow many more steps than just worrying about text vs. java. Let your site be what you want it to be. With basic marketing techniques and hard work you will achieve the monetary goals you desire.

Good Luck, Mrmagoo
                  mrmagoo144
                  www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                  X