• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willows
    Captain

• Nov 2006

General assistance re computer problem

Hi, sorry to have to resort to asking you guys this but I know some of you will probably know the answer. Stupid me thought 'hey lets download a new firewall and try it', however it kept popping up screens and I did not know the names of what it they were so thought it was not required so blocked them. Now I do not know what it was and it appears I have blocked my husbands paid game which is the only thing he does on the computer so I am desperately trying to make it work again. Its still on desktop but when you double click on it nothing happens so I am assuming I have somehow blocked it. Anybody know how I can make his game work again? I have since deleted the firewall because me and that firewall are not good friends and are dangerous together. I would have ended up blocking everything I used!! I did this because someone got my id details from ebay and was sending abusive mail to other members so I became extra cautious but now I am paying for it as hubby is not too happy with me... Please help me if you can. As many of you know, I am not the smartest when it comes to computers and can get by so if you do know the answer remember to direct me in simple terms :) Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.
    Leanne
  • CB750
    Private

• Jun 2007

Re: General assistance re computer problem

I might not be the brightest when it comes to building a website (lack of fantasy) but I do know some things about coding.

Please be kind enough to tell us what FW you had installed.

I assume by 'deleted' you mean un-installed, at least I hope so. If not, look in start/contol panel/add and remove programmes. If it's still there un-install it.

I'm afraid your husbands game still won't work. We're getting to this. First please tell us what FW it was and lets pray that it wasn't symantec.
    http://www.pahtsweddingboutique.com/servlet/StoreFront

Comment

• willows
      Captain

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by CB750
      I might not be the brightest when it comes to building a website (lack of fantasy) but I do know some things about coding.

Please be kind enough to tell us what FW you had installed.

I assume by 'deleted' you mean un-installed, at least I hope so. If not, look in start/contol panel/add and remove programmes. If it's still there un-install it.

I'm afraid your husbands game still won't work. We're getting to this. First please tell us what FW it was and lets pray that it wasn't symantec.
      It was comodo yes I uninstalled it. Sorry you will have to excuse my terms. The whole thing (FW) completely confused me and I did not have a clue what was going on so uninstalled it. I think I have blocked something and now do not know how to unblock it. I reinstalled it to see if I could work it out but again did not have a clue so uninstalled again before I blocked anything else. Turns out I already had fw on computer, just didn't know it till now. I feel like an idiot but thank you for responding.

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi Willows,
        All is not lost if you are using Windows XP?

XP has a recovery system where you can back date your system to the day before you did the unthinkable.

Click on start
        Select Programs
        Select Accessories
        Select System tools
        Select System Restore

Just select the date before the mistake you made and follow the instructions.

Your computer will do the rest.

Best of luck.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• willows
          Captain

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by zuriatman
          Hi Willows,
          All is not lost if you are using Windows XP?

XP has a recovery system where you can back date your system to the day before you did the unthinkable.

Click on start
          Select Programs
          Select Accessories
          Select System tools
          Select System Restore

Just select the date before the mistake you made and follow the instructions.

Your computer will do the rest.

Best of luck.
          Thank you thank you so very much, IT WORKED!!!
          Yes unthinkable I certainly did :(
          Won't do that again will I...
          Thank you again, I really appreciate it.
          A now very happy Leanne

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

You are most welcome.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X