• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

transferring files

hello again;
    I am trying to transfer files from one computor to another computor. I would like to do this via a flash drive. Am I able to and can someone map out the correct procedure to do this.

thanks in advance, Mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: transferring files

Ok, say you have computer A and computer B.

On computer A, plug in the flash drive, on Windows XP it will prompt you what to do (open the folder, open with a specific program, etc), click to open it in a folder. From there find the files you want to transfer. You can either drag and drop the files from your computer to the folder for the flash drive, or copy and paste them. Once your done unplug the drive and plug it into computer B.

The process is pretty much the same just reverse. Just open the folder for the flash drive and either drag & drop or copy & paste the files to where you want them on computer B.

If you don't have XP or the window prompt doesn't start you can access the flash drive by going to "My Computer", it will be the last drive on the list.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• mrmagoo144
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Thank you for the help;
      I have done this and i get a message that one or more of my pictures "have extra information that is attached and that information might be lost if i continue to copy"
      Do I want to continue to copy anyway and if I do will I lose the information on my computor A?
      Thanks for the response, Mrmagoo
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

No you won't lose data, only the copied file. Most likely it isn't any important information that might be lost. The files on computer A remain unchanged

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• mrmagoo144
          Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

thanks will try this evening and hope it all works but appreciate your quick reply
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
          X