I designed in Powerpoint ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I designed in Powerpoint ....

I have a bad feeling about this as I may have to re-design but anyway. To make a long story painful...I originally designed a website on ppt., content, graphics, format for forms etc - probably as long as two years ago....didn't even know about WYSIWYG stuff back then.

I handed it over to a web designer and an SEO guy and said thanks very much...come back with the finished product...which they did. Anyway was in the middle of testing this with friends, friends of friends etc. when I moved from Ireland to the US, so basically it was never open to the general public so to speak, so the domain lapsed (kicking myself) someone has now taken my chosen name in .com .net .info - what's even worse is that it in no way relates to their product !!! (warning to others, if you find the perfect domain - KEEP IT!)

So here I am and I want to start this project again, but this time doing it myself on BV, but I am particularly worried about the graphics I created - actually it is a type of membership card with photo and quite a bit of text detail (back & front)

Here are my questions: (finally ...says ye!)

1. What programme shall I use to create the membership cards - I can't get the ppt. ones to load in BV. Even though I am still very much an amateur, I recognise the need for not only good graphics but more importantly I want this card to be interactive in that the customer fills in all their details and can preview prior to purchase. If this has to come at a later stage, so be it and I don't mind if there is a learning curve.

2. I am also in the process of building another site on BV and am using one of the free templates. Lovely beach type graphic but I seem to be stretching the image as it has a border around it and I have inputted text within it. Is there a way of manipulating this image to not stretch? Did I see somewhere about 'Adobe'?

3. Anyone have the code to insert a general 'Google search box' on a site? Looked on Google...maybe I'm overworked and need new glasses, but I can't see! (I don't know HTML at all so rock on BV tutorials, worked for me with other code)

Thank you so much for your responses.

Michele

Re: I designed in Powerpoint ....

Hi, Only an idea, but if you download open office( http://www.openoffice.org ) it will convert your ppt into html pages to work on the web. Now this is no guarantee it will work, but might be worth a try.
    But for this all sounds like you need some software pacifically for what you are doing. Try a Google search for “Online Membership card software) or similar.

The image part is hard to talk about unless we can see the image & what it is doing.

The Google search box. I believe you have to sign up to get this (its free), as they will need to know some details & the search box needs a page on your site to land on when its finished searching. This will all be in the html code they give you to place on your site.

Good luck.

PS Open office is a large download.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks,

Will try what you suggested.

Michele

Comment

Google's search box code for my site was issued when they approved the use of adsense ads, so I'm sure that there is some sort of 'affiliate i.d.' worked into the code. I don't yet read html well enough to spot it but maybe you can and redo that part so you can use it. Other wise, I'll get credit for any searches performed through that box, which that's o.k. with me but probably not with them.<!-- Search Google -->
        <center>
        <form method="get" action="http://www.google.com/custom" target="google_window">
        <table bgcolor="#ffffff">
        <tr><td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" align="left" height="32"
        <br/>
        <label for="sbi" style="display: none">Enter your search terms</label>
        <input type="text" name="q" size="31" maxlength="255" value="" id="sbi"></input>
        <label for="sbb" style="display: none">Submit search form</label>
        <input type="submit" name="sa" value="Google Search" id="sbb"></input>
        <input type="hidden" name="client" value="pub-6161492886232282"></input>
        <input type="hidden" name="forid" value="1"></input>
        <input type="hidden" name="ie" value="ISO-8859-1"></input>
        <input type="hidden" name="oe" value="ISO-8859-1"></input>
        <input type="hidden" name="safe" value="active"></input>
        <input type="hidden" name="flav" value="0000"></input>
        <input type="hidden" name="sig" value="YnQJL1elx6mTCbWu"></input>
        <input type="hidden" name="cof" value="GALT:#FFFFFF;GL:1;DIV:#336666;VLC:FFFFFF;AH :center;BGC:003333;LBGC:105C6C;ALC:66CCCC;LC:66CCC C;T:90DCEC;GFNT:66CCCC;GIMP:66CCCC;FORID:1"></input>
        <input type="hidden" name="hl" value="en"></input>
        </td></tr></table>
        </form>
        </center>
        <!-- Search Google -->
        This is Dorothy with
        http://www.homespunways2.com

Comment

Thanks dorothy,

Yeah have to sign up with them, so will get working on that.

Michele

Comment

Working...
          X