• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluesdaddi
    Private First Class

• Jun 2007

Text questions

So far I have constructed a page 1 index, which is composed of a title, introduction, and an enter link to enter the rest of the site.

On my second page I would like to have a text box( I do not know the correct term) of some sort, that I could update weekly or even daily without having to edit the webpage. What Bluevoda function would allow me to do this? (or would I be better served using a blog for this part of my second page?)
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: Text questions

Originally posted by bluesdaddi View Post

So far I have constructed a page 1 index, which is composed of a title, introduction, and an enter link to enter the rest of the site.

On my second page I would like to have a text box( I do not know the correct term) of some sort, that I could update weekly or even daily without having to edit the webpage. What Bluevoda function would allow me to do this? (or would I be better served using a blog for this part of my second page?)
    You could go with the blog idea or you might consider using an i-frame with a scroll bar. Have the i-frame linked to a text page. Then you'd just update the text page itself and not the whole webpage. You'd still have to publish the text page after each update. Some viewers may have problems when viewing i-frames though so you might want to investigate WordPress, the Blogging system you can install through Fantastico.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Stroke.nz
      The Man

• May 2005

Hey good point with a i frame> place an embedded page in, when updating, update the main page chose upload html files only for the selected page this being your main page. add a script if you want to refresh the users catch on load demand.
      Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Comment

• bluesdaddi
        Private First Class

• Jun 2007

Thank you for the responses. I am leaning more towards incorporating a blog into the 2nd page. Depending of course how hard it is to do that

Comment

Working...
        X