X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scouse
    Private

• Jun 2007

Hey, I've been using bluevoda for about 6 months but only as the kinda drag and drop boxes. Im currently making a gaming clan website which I am building before I start renting and hosting it.
    I have tried to read through the forums for help, but there are so many posts and my eyes hurt from reading, so I apologise if this post has already been answered!!

I would like to set up a register/log in link so members have access to all the pages, whereas the unregistered have limited access to certain pages.
    If someone could spare the time to help, I would be very gratefull for the help. You gotta talk to me like I'm about 7 though. I don't really understand the whole scripts thing!!
    Cheers people.

Scouse.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" M.L.King

www.freekenneth.com
  • Andy128
    Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: log in box

Their really isn't a simple way to do this. It requires a good bit of php script languange to write something that will accomplish this. The script will have to:

Register the user.
    Create a password for the user or allow the user to create one
    Send an email with a verification link
    Enter all this data in a database

Here is a thread where a member had created a tutorial for a very simple login script / method.

If you require a more sophistcated method- I suggest that you contact either Navaldesign, Whatdaflip using the contact info in their signatures as they do this sort of thing for a nominal fee. And they are extremely good at it.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• scouse
      Private

• Jun 2007

cheers fella. I'll try and figure it out. Gonna go check this link now!
      "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" M.L.King

www.freekenneth.com

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

However please note that the method described in the tutorial, requires manual creation of the usernames / passwords as well as hardcoding them in the script. The only way there is for an automated procedure is to use a file or database driven script. Have a look at this example.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Watdaflip
          Major General

• Sep 2005

I came upon this a few minutes ago, it might help you

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• CyberShot
            First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

I have done a gaming clan website. www.asp-gamers.com/map What i suggest you do is create your page using php. it works really well. there are hundreds if not thousands of php pre built pages out there. they are called themes. all you do is download them and install them. it might be alittle hard at first. but there is alot of support out there. I do believe you can host php here. then all you do is fill the site with content. but that's easy also because there are thousands of modules and pre built blocks that you can load into your page. These things do all the things you want. forums, member registering, information display, shoutboxes. the list goes on and on. so look into php. it's easy to learn hard at first but once you get the concept you can do alot.

Comment

Working...
            X