Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Text Area Function

Hey team,

We use the text area function as a running blog. We prefer it over wordpress templates.

Question: Is there a way to insert pictures within the text area? Is there a way to bold face or italicise certain words without it affecting the entire document?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Warmly
    Joe
    www.joeandheidiwhite.com

Re: Text Area Function

Hi, not sure if I understand you correctly? But you cant word wrap using BV, but there are other way around getting your text to wrap around the images using tables or just simply using more text boxes.
    If you want to change the looks of a particular word. This is done the same as using MS word. Highlight the text & use the text controls buttons at the top of BV.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You could try using an html box the same way, except you would have to format all your text and images in html instead of just typing them.. but you could size it the same way as the text box.. etc..with html coding

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Joe,

What I have done with a site I am currently building is use a table and use the cell functions to place the picture where I want it and they type in the other cell next to it. I used two rows and two columns and merged the bottom two cells. You can drag the table sides to get the size you want and then insert a picture into one of the cells.

Then I used "0" border to make it look better. You can use any amount of rows and columns you want and merge columns for continuous text. As Chris said, the functions at the top of BV work just like MS Word or other word processing programs. It worked pretty well for me.
        Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

lol ... and another

I insert my picture, then make any number of text boxes and place them around the picture, you can put the picture in the middle, to the side, or whatever ... just be certain that your picture is not covering your text ... move either or to front ...

And like Chris says, you can control the look of any individual word ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks everybody for all your help...it's much appreciated

Joe

Comment

No need for such tricks. Use a rich text editor. Have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/montg...t_editor1.html . test it. By submitting it will show you a page with what you have submitted.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X