• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mskellylee
    Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Navigation buttons

Hi

I want a specifc style of navigation Bar to go horizontally but the individual buttons are very wide and i have been stuck going vertical. I was wondering how you go about changing the size of the navigation buttons and corresponding font of the title below 8pt. Is it possible and how do I go about editing it.

www.courageousconversationsinc.com

Thanks so much!

Cheers
    Ms. Kelly-Lee
  • larazovich
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: Navigation buttons

You can open a button image, any image you like, in a graphic program program like paint.net(which is free download) or the paint program that comes with most computers, and resize it to the size youlike.
    Then save it under your BV folder, (naming it something you can remember), in the nav bars folder.
    Then, it will be available in your dropdown list from which you can select when making the navigation for your page.
    Hope this helps
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• mskellylee
      Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Thanks Ms. Liz

KL

Comment

• mskellylee
        Private First Class

• Feb 2007

I'm back

I'm stuck....

I downloaded the naviagation bars and found my bar reduced the image and saved it in that file with all the other ones, but it isn't coming up on the list when I access the drop down . What is the path of the "navigation file" I obviously saved it in the wrong place. I don't see a file called Naviagation anywhere in the Blue voda files.

Cheers
        KL

Comment

• larazovich
          General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by mskellylee View Post
          I'm back

I'm stuck....

I downloaded the naviagation bars and found my bar reduced the image and saved it in that file with all the other ones, but it isn't coming up on the list when I access the drop down . What is the path of the "navigation file" I obviously saved it in the wrong place. I don't see a file called Naviagation anywhere in the Blue voda files.

Cheers
          KL
          hmm.Let's see
          If you downloaded your BV Website Builder in your program files, look there.
          (Wherever it is you downloaded the website builder is where you want to look)
          In that folder you will find a navbar folder, and that is where you want to download your new button.
          try that and let me know if it works.
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

• mskellylee
            Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Almost there!

Found the program files resized the appropriate button, saved it in nav folder, pulled it up..

Now the next part...

Need to shrink the font below 8pt which is the lowest on the drop down.

I am using veranda font (which I would like to keep) any idea how I go about making the font smaller?

I will in the meantime play with different fonts.

I am sure glad building websites isn't my bread and butter...

Cheers

Comment

• koolspaces.com
              Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

The Verdana font can go as small as 6 point and if you still want to go smaller click on the font menu, scroll down about half way and you will see fonts with a UPC at the end of their names, e.g., AngsanaUPC, BrowalliaUPC, CordialUPC etc.,.they are very small. Hope that helps!

http://koolspaces.com

Comment

• larazovich
                General

• Jul 2006

You will want to stay with a font that is web friendly..http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html
                Liz
                www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
                X