Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gallery files

Hello all;
    I am building a web site for a professional photographer and want to keep it as simple as possible.

Here is my problem;
    The site has loads of pictures and gets changed frequently, each time I add photos and I have to post to the site; seems to be a big waste of time to have to upload every photo in the gallery again.
    Is there a way to add "new photos" without re-posting the existing ones in the gallery again?

Your help is appreciated.

Shafto3
    sigpic

Re: gallery files

You only need to change the pictures you want to change. There is no reason to have to repost any existing pictures.

If you right click on the gallery - you can add and remove pictures at will.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks for the info, I will try with the next changes I make and see what happens.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shafto3 View Post
        Hello all;
        I am building a web site for a professional photographer and want to keep it as simple as possible.

Here is my problem;
        The site has loads of pictures and gets changed frequently, each time I add photos and I have to post to the site; seems to be a big waste of time to have to upload every photo in the gallery again.
        Is there a way to add "new photos" without re-posting the existing ones in the gallery again?

Your help is appreciated.

I tried to do as suggested without any luck. The pictures are done with Lightbox, is the proceedure different for this form?

Shafto3
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
          You only need to change the pictures you want to change. There is no reason to have to repost any existing pictures.

If you right click on the gallery - you can add and remove pictures at will.

Hi Beth, when using the gallery features, if you add just 1 image, when you publish, it republishes all the images again & not just one. With large galleries, this can take for ever.
          There might be some programs that only update with new files, but not sure on this part & which ones might do it..
          The only way I know that this can be done is using a script where you upload the extra image to the server & then just add the url to script part of the program. This way, all you are doing is uploading one image & a page of script?

Shafto3.
          Hi, before you go any farther. Unfortunately you will have to redo http://www.amartinphoto.ca/flowers-l...andscapes.html page & any others you might have, that are similar. The pages are basically just too big for the web.
          Have a look at the image & photo tips link this thread. It may help a bit.
          If you are planning to have a lot of images? it maybe worth thinking about a script or program to show them.
          If not, try making your galleries about 6 images at a time, so if you are updating some image, you are only uploading a few at any one time. Unfortunately, doing it this way may involve jiggling the page around every time.
          I am making up some pages over the next few weeks on different ways of presenting images on the web, & the types of programs that can be used.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X