pirate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pirate

Hi, I don't know how to take the pirate off of my pages. Can someone tell me? I think that I have asked this question recently but I can't find it. Sorry for the repeat.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: pirate

Cici

You have this source in your template

<script language="Javascript1.2">
    // ***********************************************
    // AUTHOR: WWW.CGISCRIPT.NET, LLC
    // URL: http://www.cgiscript.net
    // Use the script, just leave this message intact.
    // Download your FREE CGI/Perl Scripts today!
    // ( http://www.cgiscript.net/scripts.htm )
    // ***********************************************
    message = "Pirate!";
    function NoRig***lick(b) {
    if(((navigator.appName=="Microsoft Internet Explorer")&&(event.button > 1))
    ||((navigator.appName=="Netscape")&&(b.which > 1))){
    alert(message);
    return false;
    }
    }
    document.onmousedown = NoRig***lick;
    // -->
    </script>
    </div>
    And its probably in an html box and you need to just DELETE IT.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have lost all of my bv files and I am recreating them. I can't copy the page through bv's file-new-from existing html page until I can get rid of the pirate.
      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Just view the source, copy and paste that code into any text editor. Remove the javascript that Karen stated above, and save it. Then import that file and the pirate message when you right click will be gone

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

CiCi,

if you import the page using BV's import html feature, this Javascript will be automatically ignored. BV can NOT import Javascript so the page that will be created will NOT have this script.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I put it into wordpad. How do I import it?
            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

However you would normally do.. I can't give exact instructions, I don't use BV, and I dont have a copy installed. I'm sure someone can tell you

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

No, you don't need to put anything in Wordpad.

Open the page in your browser (by visiting your site). Copy the address from the browser's address bar.
                Now open BV, File, New Page, From Existing HTML Page. In the small popup that will open, paste the address you copied from your browser. Then, check the "Remote (on the Internet)" radio button and click OK.

The page will be imported, with all the images, text etc. You will need to adjust the text (because BV doesn't preserve the formatting), you will also need to recreate the menu bar (because BV doesn't import the menubar as such, but as single images, linked to the pages). Last, you need to set again the hyperlink styles, if you had any, because BV ignores them too. Save the page .

I only suggest this method because i know that handling HTML can be difficult for you as for any non experienced user, capable of handling directly the code.

Please note that this way of rebuilding your pages can cause problems with all Javascripts, as well as php scripts embedded in the page, as all of them are ignored.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X