Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sizing of front page and gallery

Hi there,

Been changing my website and when I have published it the front page seems to be on the left hand side but the rest are centred. Can you please also help me with my gallery I have read Chris's report on pictures but Im not so good with things like this.

Thanks in advance

www.nataliehumemakeupartist.com

Re: Sizing of front page and gallery

Hi, on your front page, go into your page properties & set to 831 wide & check the centre in page box. Maybe worth doing this on all pages if you do it on one & it looks ok. This should get you looking ok on this part.
    On the gallery part, you will need to download PIXresizer & resize all your large images.
    This might be a bit awkward in the respect that some images are wide & some long, so it maybe worth grouping similar size together. Or looking at the images, just using the long ones. If you need hand resizing & sorting the images, pop a post back here.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I have resized them in pic resizer is there a certain size that is the best for them to be thanks again

Comment

Hi, anything under screen size is always good. When you’re using the PIXresizer, load your picture & have a look at the % boxes & choose one around 700x500-600x400 ish for the main image. It will depend on how the photo was taken to see if this is possible. IE: was the camera horizontal or vertical when the picture was taken?
        The other thing to avoid is resizing any of the images using the handles on the side of the image. This will always distort the image.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X