• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhenry
    Private

• Jul 2007

Hoping someone could help me with a couple of questions

Hey everyone,im new to this forum and will also be joining BV this weekend and im pretty happy about leaving my current hosting company.I have a couple q's i was hoping someone could answer 4 me.Ive been hearing for some time now that static web sites are not very good for getting se's to rank and index their pages and that what you need is a dynamic web site that is clean and has some interactive features like some of the web 2.0 sites out there.Basically i just want to know if BlueVoda would be considered a dynamic web site builder and is it current with today's web trends?Also i would like to put a product feed on my site - my choices are java script or php code.For se optimization reasons i would like to use php code but have no idea how to do it.When i use javascript it works fine but nothing happens when i use the php code.Iam a newbie and im sure there must be a little more than pasting the code in the box - does anyone know how i can do this?Thanks so much - look 4ward to anyones response.
    rhenry
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Hoping someone could help me with a couple of questions

I would not worry about it at all, it makes 0% difference. As far as using PHP goes, it has nothing to do with SEO.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Karen Mac
      General

• Apr 2006

Actually the SE do like STATIC pages better because they arent dynamically generated, however, thats changing all the time. They are getting to the point they can and DO read dynamic pages as well as static pages provided you dont have long strings and session ids.

The only thing php has to do with dynamic pages is that its a script commonly used by web builders to generate pages verses standard html. You can do STATIC pages in php as well. Dynamic pages are pages that are generated by a database when the url is typed in and the php calls up and formats the page.

BV is normally by itself a static web page builder,meaning the page resides on the server in hard copy and isnt generated when called. You can have INTERACTIVE pages both with static pages and dynamic pages. I think you are confusing terms in comparison of results that a form or a script does, rather than how a website is built.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• rhenry
        Private

• Jul 2007

Thank you for your responses,i really appreciate it.As far as php goes - please tell me if this is correct - a few people have told me that when it comes to rss feeds and using them on your website that you should use php instead of javascript because the se's can read php and will reward you for your changing content as with javascript the se's can't read it so it doesn't know that there's updated content on your site.Remember iam a newbie so im sorry if this is a silly question.Your help is greatly appreciated.Thanks.
        rhenry.

Comment

Working...
        X