Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding audio files

Hello folks!
    I am trying to add my own mp3 files to my bluevoda website for visitors to sample and download. Any wiz kids out there know how i do it? Neither can i find an icon saying 'add a hyperlink'(or words to that effect). Sorry if i sound a little thick, but i have'nt a clue wot i am doing!
    Cheers!!

Re: Adding audio files

Hi Stevieb,

Check this out. Uploading Video & Sound for download
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Thanx for the link Tom, but I still totally dont know wot i am doin! I am trying to place some of my mp3 files onto my webpage in order for people to download but all ideas i have to do this are not working. I placed all of my mp3's(10) into a compressed zip file, as the link suggested, and tried transporting them onto my web, that i am still in the middle of trying to design using bluevoda,(can i do this with bluevoda?) but nothing happened. I hope SOMEONE can tell me where i go from here...in simple language please as i am only a humble songwriter(!)
      Thanx!

Comment

Hi Stevieb.

This is how. You don't publish your ZIP files. You need to upload them to your server. You can do this through Blue FTP (FTP Manager in Tools) in BlueVoda or through your C-Panel.

To use Blue FTP - > tools > FTP Manager > connect (use your C-Panel login/password). The screen is split into two. The right hand side is your server - navigate to where you want to save the ZIP files to. The left hand side is your PC- navigate to where the ZIP files are stored on your
        PC. Then simply drag and drop from your PC to the server. When finished - disconnect. Upload done.

Make a note of the path of each ZIP file ie: http://www.myowndomain.com/doc1.zip You will need this for the links on your normal web page.

Then you simply provide links to the uploaded ZIP files. When your visitors click the link they will be asked of they want to download the file.
        (Bethers, I stole some text from one of your posts for something else).

I hope this will help.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X