• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CyberShot
    First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

tables or css style sheets? and what about iframes

Hey guys, i have been doing alot of reading on the web and alot of people say that you shouldn't build your website using tables. Like it's the old way of doing things. So is css the new way, should i completly abondon tables and use css. And what about using iframes as your sole source of placement of material on the page?
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: tables or css style sheets? and what about iframes

BlueVoda does not use tables...Do not worry about what you read...(Information Overload)...just build your site and do your business, you will be much happier.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Watdaflip
      Major General

• Sep 2005

Yeah, thats the trend that websites are going. Using tables isn't "bad", but its being taken over by using css. Theres nothing wrong with using tables in your design, there are some issues with browser compatibility (some browsers don't recognize all attributes). I still use tables in a lot of my websites, I find them quicker to make (might just be me). Tables have their uses even in a site designed to be css based.

There could be some SEO issues with iframes, and maybe possible browser issues (if you have more then just text inside it). I rarely use them so I haven't ever read up on them.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• CyberShot
        First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

from what i read, it sounds like people think tables are for newbs or something. like your not a real designer if you use them. So i guess that css would now be mainstream and that is what i think i am gonna try and learn.

Comment

• Watdaflip
          Major General

• Sep 2005

I mean its a good idea to use css, and if you find it easier or want to take the extra effort to do a website in entirely css then thats great.

I personally won't and don't care if someone comments that I should have used css on one of my site instead of tables, and they might even say "Your not a real designer", but I never said I was a designer. I'm never going to worry about busting my butt to make a website in a certain way to meets a few peoples expectations of the standards. The only time I will is if I am working on a job and I'm specifically asked to do it one way rather then another.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
          X