comp crashed, new comp, what first? (Vista)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sallyloudmouth

comp crashed, new comp, what first? (Vista)

I had the feeling that my comp was on it's way out, so saved all my pics. I bought my new comp yesterday (with Vista) and I'm just wondering what I need to do first?
    Just dl bluevoda (any problems relating to Vista?)
    Will I have to completely rebuild my site (not that there was much done) or once I dl voda and enter my website info will it find everything?

Any other advice for starting over with Voda?
  • larazovich
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: comp crashed, new comp, what first? (Vista)

Originally posted by sallyloudmouth View Post
    I had the feeling that my comp was on it's way out, so saved all my pics. I bought my new comp yesterday (with Vista) and I'm just wondering what I need to do first?
    Just dl bluevoda (any problems relating to Vista?)
    Will I have to completely rebuild my site (not that there was much done) or once I dl voda and enter my website info will it find everything?

Any other advice for starting over with Voda?
    Did you save your Blue Voda Folder?
    If you did not, you will have to rebuild your pages, as that is where the pages were stored.
    It isn't as bad as it sounds, though, as you can import the html from your pages from online into the BV sitebuilder and recreate them - you will have to fix a bit of formatting, but you will get most of it back.
    Here is how:

You can import an existing webpage in this way:
    File - New Page - From Existing html page
    then tick the button for Remote (on the internet)
    or Local (on this computer)
    whichever applies
    then type in the exact url or location and there you go

You will have some 'tidying up ' to do in the way of adjusting detail, but you get most of it..

Also, regarding VIsta.
    I have a new laptop with Vista and I love it. It takes some getting used to as it is different, but as soon as you get past that feeling of wanting to throw it through the window, you will be fine.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have had no problem with BV and Vista.

Good Luck
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• Dream Lady
      Major General

• Feb 2006

Re: comp crashed, new comp, what first? (Vista)

I have a laptop with Vista and have downloaded bv to it and just make sure that the path to my files is the same on my desktop machine. That way, I can work on my files when on the road. I have not had any problems with Vista either, but like Liz says...it does take some getting use to.
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
      X