Linking Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking Pages

Okay, I have watched the tutorial several times and read through some forums to try to troubleshoot on my own. I created my 'index' page, which is my home page; then I created several other pages; as they are links on my 'home' page. I clicked on the link "contact us" (which is one of the pages I created) and then the hyperlink icon and browsed for the file (which is the other page I created) and clicked on that (index); then it gave it the .html (which is what I thought it needed). So I saved. then I tried to test it online and it doesn't work. I tried all the different .files and nothing works; now, I can click on the link but nothing happens. Oh and any advice or comments on my page would be great!! Local4491.com

Thanks
    Ang
    Local4491.com

Re: Linking Pages

When you link to other pages, you must not browse for it to pages on your PC. You must publish them as well. On your indez page you must link to the url of the other pages. Something like this: http://www.yourprivatedomain.com/pagetwoname.html

Also, I see you mention the contact us page in you post. Just remember there must be no spaces in the name, use underscore (_) or dashes (-) and all small letters. Example contact_us
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Oh thank you so much; I have spent hours trying to figure that out!!! I don't remember the tutorial saying anything about publishing all the pages. I have a ton of work ahead of me!!!

Comment

Good Luck and enjoy.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X