First Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Website

Hello! My name is keith, I have just built and published my first website that appears to be working well. (keithstattoostudio.co.uk). I would like to know how to carry out general maintenance work such as adding or removing photos, or adding something like a website counter to my site. I have checked out the tutorials in BlueVoda but there appears to be nothing relating to this matter.

Can someone please help. Many thanks. Keith.....

Re: First Website

Hi Keith
    Some beautiful tattoos on your site - nice work.
    a couple of comments-

Your site is pretty wide; you might think of bringing down the width to the standard 800, so even those with small screens can view it with no side scrolling - or at least to 1000 so 80% won't have to side scroll..

The first image on the left shows only as a blank box - you probably need to reinsert it into your page and republish.

Also, text is behind the second row of images, partially blocked by them.

In terms of adding things to your site - just make any changes in the sitebuilder and republish - you will automatically publish over your old page.

ALso, when I go to your site a message comes up to see if I want to run the addon windows media player - I know this is for your video, but you might think instead about adding a button that says "click here to see video of.." or something like that.

Oh, and about adding a counter - if you want to know a how many people and who is looking at your site you can go to your control panel, then to ftp/web stats, then to awstats and find out these and many other things.

If you still want a counter on your site, use the search function at the top of this page and type in counters or website counters, and you will find much opinion and instruction about thiat.
    Hope any of this is helpful
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Re: First Website

Hey Keith

While loading your site I got a No response after a while and had to log back into the Forum.

I think it was because of the video. Maybe you could publish the Video on You Tube and the simply embed it into your site as that seems to work well for me. Then you get the social marketing aspect of You Tube as well.

Good Luck.
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Working...
      X