Protection of images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection of images

I am still at the very early stages of my website design but have a question about images in a lightbox gallery;

1. If I create a lightbox in my gallery page, is there a simple way to stop my competitors from clicking on the photo to enlarge it and then copying it to their computer for use on their own site?

Thanks in advance,

Paul
    www.punchardrenovation.com
    www.direct2view.com
    client ID 10225

Re: Protection of images

Not effectively, or worth repeating the many lengthy discussions in this Forum available for you to review here:http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sea...earchid=496865
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Paul, you can have a search for through the many other posts on this. But basically No! Most people can pull an image of a site within seconds, or if not with the url, it can be via a screen shot. The only thing you can do is make it hard for them with watermarks and things like this. Be careful on using the light box as a photo gallery. It is really designed at the moment for the use on just a few images per page as the thumbnail don’t get reduced in size & are the same in kb’s as the lager image.

It’s a nice part of France you are in, Had a few great trips to le’mans & back up the Loire valley on the bikes. With about 10 other guys that are in the building trade. (Ex Sparks myself) Real glad to be out of it in the UK.

Good luck with the site.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks guys, pretty much as I thought about image protection!

Chris - I wish I had read the image link tips on your signature before I dabbled with creating a gallery. It looks like I may try again now and go with the free WAG that you mentioned. Neither the BV lightbox or the gallery feature seem suitable.

Been here in Mayenne 10 years now and love this region of France!

Thanks for all your help and useful tips on these forums!

Best regards,

Paul.
        www.punchardrenovation.com
        www.direct2view.com
        client ID 10225

Comment

Hi, another freebie is
          http://jalbum.net/
          Its a nice easy one to work with & uploading is the same as BV in style.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X