Forum / Help Desk integration - How to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum / Help Desk integration - How to...

Hi,

I am using PHP BB2 and PerlDesk on my website. I know from PerlDesk support that it is possible to integrate PerlDesk into PHP BB2, but I do not know how. Can anyone tell me what any of the following means and what I should put there? I'm sure this info will be useful for others too who want to do the same thing.

FORUM URL: In my case this would be www.praxino.com
    FORUM SQL HOST: ???
    FORUM SQL PORT: ???
    FORUM SQL DATABASE NAME: I assume this is the database created for the forum. Is this correct?
    FORUM SQL TABLES PREFIX: ???
    FORUM SQL USERNAME: I assume this is the username that is allowed access to the SQL dadatbase. Is this correct?
    FORUM SQL PASSWORD: I assume that, if there is a password for the forum database allowed user, it should be entered here. Is this correct?

Thank you in anticpation of your help on this matter.

Kind regards,

Dominic
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Forum / Help Desk integration - How to...

The host will be "localhost"
    Probably just leave the port blank, it should have a default (I can't remember the default port offhand, if it requires that then im sure someone will come along who remembers)
    And the prefix will depend on the table names. Whichever database you are trying to connect to check what tables you have in there, there may or may not be something before each table name that is the same for all the tables.

For example by default all phpbb tables prefix is "phpbb_". That may be the case. If there are no tables currently in the database its probably wanting to you specify one. Its a good idea for security reasons to have a prefix on your tables. It doesn't matter what it is, but I would recommend picking one.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
    X