• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azim
    Sergeant

• Jul 2007

Php/Sql Versions requirements for osc

Hello,
    I have a oscommerce downloaded and i updated with a template of my choice, now i am having trouble with the cart. whenever i enter one item to the cart it shows 10 items in cart.
    I contacted the company i purchased the template from, they said the template requires php and sql version of 4 and i am running version 5.
    How do i change it to version 4 and make it fully functionally with the hosting.

PLease help!
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Php/Sql Versions requirements for osc

PHP 5 is superior to 4 and is backwards compatible. So it is not a problem of hosting features.

Please note that both php and MySQL evolve, and ALL hosting companies update the current versions sooner or later. If the company that created your template used particular php / MySQL functions that only work in version 4, then it is their problem and should update their template.

However, i consider the above highly improbable so i think there must be a problem with your script somewhere.

Furthermore, you can't turn the version to something else as this is a shared hosting, so it should be downgraded for all users on the same server.

I suggest that you try this: install OSCommerce also in another folder on your site, and see if it works correctly. If it does, then it is certainly a problem with the template you installed.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• azim
      Sergeant

• Jul 2007

Re: Php/Sql Versions requirements for osc

Thanks for your help,
      And you are right that php version 5 is better and soon they are realeasing php 6 and as they do php 6 will be not be used anywhere.
      When i downloaded the oscommerce first it was ok, but when i updated it with my own template. It gave me cart problem.

Comment

Working...
      X