Adding a PDF file as a seperate page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a PDF file as a seperate page

My website is www.eirclub.org and I want to add a page that contains our club newsletters. I have the newsletters in pdf format but I can't figure out how to upload it into the new page. I tried image and text but they don't work with pdf files. A forum search on pdf files did not find any relevant topics. Can somebody help me with this?

Re: Adding a PDF file as a seperate page

Upload the .pdf file to your FTP. Then you can go to your website link on your browser for example .. www.eirclub.com/your-file-name-here.pdf .. that will make a direct link to the file and open it up.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Upload the .pdf file to your FTP.
      Jeremy, I need a little more detail on this operation. I am a complete newbie at this and don't know how to upload to my FTP or even what my FTP is. Step by step directions are necessary.

Comment

There is a program called BlueFTP that came with your BlueVoda program, find that program somewhere and open it, you will need to log in with your given I.P Address, Master Username and Password then click connect.

You will then see all of your website files that are on the internet on your right and all of your documents on your left. Find the PDF file that you want to be on the web on your left somewhere and drag in the right once you find it.

Once you find it, wait while it uploads, then you can get out and say yes it is okay to exit. If you're stuck at one folder in your left the ... means back.

Any problems should occure, let me know.
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Tutorials

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Jeremy and Lady Eye those directions helped. One question. I had placed a navigation bar on the page home page, titled "newsletters". Can I put the link to the pdf file on that nav bar so visitors can just click that bar to get to the newsletter page?

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post
              Thanks Jeremy and Lady Eye those directions helped. One question. I had placed a navigation bar on the page home page, titled "newsletters". Can I put the link to the pdf file on that nav bar so visitors can just click that bar to get to the newsletter page?
              Sure, no problem ... you might want to mention somewhere that the acrobat reader is needed to view your document and supply a link for those that may need to download it in order to preview your document ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

What you can also do is make the PDF file as an iFrame so that it is on the same page of your website and you can still keep the navigation and any other headers or footers on your site so you don't lose your look and feel of the site.

This ofcourse would need explaination to get you there, if so, let us know and we can show you how..
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

I like the idea of keeping the same look as the rest of the site. I would appreciate directions to do the iFrame. Remember, I know nothing about what you are referring to so please adhere to the KISS principle.

Comment

Sure, we can keep it simple ****** ^.^ .. haha!

1. On the left, you have some icons, the third, there is something called InLine Frame (knows as iFrame). Click on that.

2. Double click on it to get your properties.

3. Name it what ever you please.

4. Now you will need to type in the url, so make sure you do this right or it will not work, you will need to type this in as followed (Remember this is an example, replace the domain name with yours and the file name with yours). http://www.yourdomainname.com/thefile.pdf

5. Scrollbars .. depends if the pdf fits on the same page, you might have to allow the iFrame to put a scrollbar.

6. You don't want to show a border .. looks ugly!

7. Leave the text as it is and say okay, then you can make it bigger to how you want and publish and go check it out.

Any problems should occure, let me know. Questions as well ..
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Ok, I used FTP Manager to move the pdf file to my server. Then I created a new page, added an iFrame with the right url and it does open the newsletter file. Unfortunately in opens the adobe reader program to open the newsletter file on top of my new page. Not very slick. How do I get it to just come up on my new page without having adobe reader come up?

Comment

I just posted my index page with the link in the menu bar for newsletters. Everything works except Adobe Reader pops up over my new page as you can see. www.eirclub.org

Comment

That is good, you want to have that there. You are doing really good, it looks good and there is nothing wrong with it! :)

People need that bar at the top for options! ;)
                          Best regards,
                          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
                          X