Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Incorporate ABVFP to Site Created By Dreamweaver??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Incorporate ABVFP to Site Created By Dreamweaver??

Hi Navaldesign,

As I am going to design my site with Dreamweaver MX2004, what are the advise and precautions from you that I should take note when building my site?

Do you think I should save all files under .php extension since most of my site include forms and I am going to use ABVFP to process all forms. Do you think Dreamweaver MX2004 works well with ABVFP?

My previous site was eventually outsourced at the programing stage as after designing the whole site, I could not process the forms which require back end programming and my programmer used php. Now that I found ABVFP can handle that and I need not to outsource my site for programming and everything can be done myself, do you think possible?

For a layman like me knowing nut of programing, so, I hope you could please enlighten me on my doubts.

Thanks

Sky Unlimited

Re: How To Incorporate ABVFP to Site Created By Dreamweaver??

ABVFP does NOT require php format for the form pages, unless you intend to embedd in the form pages other features like captcha validation (for bot security) or sessions.

ABVFP itself has php scripts but that means nothing for the forms themselves, they are independent.

Outsourcing at times is a solution worth taking into consideration, depending on how you evaluate yout time. A professionally made job can cost you $25 / hr. And the job is done, i.e., in one or two hrs. If you need to spend twice or three times that time, and evaluate your own time at $15 / hr, it becomes obvious that, other reasons apart, it would be more convenient to outsource.

If on the other hand you want to go deeper and learn how to do things yourself, or if the money are an issue, then it would become obvious that you shoud try to do the job yourself.

You can use ABVFP with ANY site builder, as long as the form method is POST, the encoding type "multipart / form data" and the form action is set correctly to point to the ABVFP as per tutorial instructions.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X