Can't find my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find my site

My domain name is: healingcenterofarizona.net I published my site successfully Sept 7, 2007. When I search through the url bar the page that comes up is titled "Index of/" with subtitles of parent directory and cgi-bin/ Could you please tell me what I need to do to find my site or where I may have gone wrong in creating and publishing the site.

Re: Can't find my site

You will want to publish - one of your pages - your preferred home opener page as index - name, save and publish as index - this will correct this for you ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You have named your pages incorrectly...

You need to save your home page as index, all lowercase letters,
      in order for it to work properly. This is because browsers
      automatically sort to the index page when they go to a website
      on the Internet.

So you need to open your home page in BlueVoda, go to file, then
      save it as index. When you have done this republish your page
      and you will see your website.

Please click the below to learn how to name your pages. it is
      very important that you name them correctly....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have published and saved my home page as index. Something I forgot to mention earlier was that when I first published the site it was under the domain name of sedonahealingcenter.net. As I am unable to transfer this name for 1 and 1/2 months, I contacted the billing dept and acquired the domain name from vodahost of healingcenterofarizona.net Will I have to re-publish my site or will it take 24-72 hours before the site is available online. Also this is my first attempt at a web site and has been very challenging as I am not very computer literate. I have learned so much from this experience. Hopefully the next web site I create won't be as difficult. Thank you for your help and patience.

Comment

Originally posted by HCOA View Post
          I have published and saved my home page as index. Something I forgot to mention earlier was that when I first published the site it was under the domain name of sedonahealingcenter.net. As I am unable to transfer this name for 1 and 1/2 months, I contacted the billing dept and acquired the domain name from vodahost of healingcenterofarizona.net Will I have to re-publish my site or will it take 24-72 hours before the site is available online. Also this is my first attempt at a web site and has been very challenging as I am not very computer literate. I have learned so much from this experience. Hopefully the next web site I create won't be as difficult. Thank you for your help and patience.

Hi, a couple of things here ...

1. for the domain sedonahealingcenter.net - if this is one that you cannot transfer to voda host for a few months, you can instead point this domain now to voda servers and choose to add it as an add on domain to your account. (Your name servers for your vh account can be found within your welcome email, they look like ns.##.vodahost.com - there are two of these). You would log into your current domain registrar and make the changes there.

2. I am assuming healingcenterofarizona.net is the domain that you opened your account with Voda Hosting and is the main domain of your account. If this is the case you publish the website you made to public_html directory and you will need to do this, as it won't be done automatically. And of course, you will need to publish index page as previously stated to bring your website live.

3. Now it seems as though you have two domain names. If and when you have the other domain pointed to voda servers, you can have both of these domain names point to the one website if you like. You would add a redirect on the 2nd domain to point to the first domain. You can do this in the control panel.

Hope I understand what you mean, if you need further clarfication, just post back ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

O.K. am making progress. I did add-on domain and domain redirect(5 domain names total) to www.healingcenterofarizona.net Republished all 4 pages. A url search brings up home page, however, the navigation bar links brings up "404 not found error" page. Went back and watched nav bar tutorials as well as hyperlinking pages tutorials. Still cannot navigate to other pages in my site. What do I need to do to access all pages in my site? I swear I followed the tutorial word for word. Thanks for the help.

Comment

P.S. On my home page, the address info on lower left of page, the margin is on an angle. In my files when I created this page the left margin is completely vertical. What happened?

Comment

Brief note from healingcenterofarizona.net My site is finally up and running without problems. Many thanks to those that responded to my requests for help. Have a wonderful and light filled day.

Comment

great news, glad you are sorted, sorry I missed your other questions but you've done great!!!!!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X