Help needed on page widths please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed on page widths please

Hi, i've published my first website on www.childrens-partyhire.co.uk and have 2 problems

1) There is a margin on the left hand side of my webpage and I can't find out how to shift the page so it starts flush with the left hand side of the screen?

2) The web pages are fine when previewed, but when published a gremlin swaps a few of the photos around - i.e. picture of knight costume swaped to a princess, halloween page header now princess. Why is it doing this??

Help very much appreciated to iron these out.

Re: Help needed on page widths please

1) You need to build your site as far to the left of your BV builder as possible. Preferably you then need to right click onto page properties and then click on 'Centre in screen'

2) Not sure why they are swapping, however you must resize your images properly. You cannot take an image and squash it to fit the size you want as the result is it takes me and propbably every single visitor to your site a long time to sit there and wait for your home page to download. Most visitors will close it down and go elsewhere.

You must get a proper picture resize program and resize your pictures to the correct widht and height that way if you can.

3) You need to have a proper link back to the home page on every page and then remove the _blank from the target of your links to stop every page opening up into a new window browser. You only really use that for external links or if you want a page of your site to open inj a new window for a specific reason, i.e. a contact form, price list, etc.

4) keep your page widths no more than 800 wide.

Otherwise I love the colours and brightness of your site. With a few tweaks here and there you can have a nice site there.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

If your images are swapping themselves out it likely means they have the same name. Reinsert the image with it's own unique name, if you are using bv shapes for the images, you will want to put a new shape on each page so that it has it's own unique name when you publish, otherwise it will revert to whatever is published last.

If you want an easy way to redo your pages over to the left, use the select all feature from the top toolbar and then pull everything over to the left of your builder and it is a good idea to keep within the '800 width, at least for now, lol ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Works fine in my browser although still needs to be in the centre.all the pages loaded quickly in IE but page to wide
        two cats

Comment

forgot to mention if you click on the image not the menu it goes to cannot be displayed I would check those links.
          two cats
          www.catpetalogue.com

Comment

many thanks, ironing out photo switching by renaming.
            website now flush with left hand margin after removing centre of browser button, still problem with picture resizing as web doesn't recognise them - will live with it.

Comment

Working...
            X