Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Current Domain to NEW Domain

Hi Everyone!

Can someone help give me a step by step procedure on how to change my existing domain name to a NEW domain name and transfer all pages over without risking losing everything. I do understand that I need to get a new domain account first, and I also understand that my existing domain will have to expire on its own which is fine. Do I just change all the pages domain names and re-publish one by one? Anything else that I need to do to get this to go smoothly would be greatly appreciated. My goal here is to have exactly what I have now but with a new domain name.

Thanks in Advance, Cat Whisperer

www.thecatwhisperer8.com

Re: Changing Current Domain to NEW Domain

All the links in the pages need to to be changed. Then, to avoid downtimes, i suggest this:

Purchase the new domain name. Add it as addon in your site. Publish the edited pages with the correct links in the addon's folder. At this point you are up and running.

Or, if you don't mind your old site being down for a while, follow this procedure (since you don't mind the old domain name dying):

Purchase the new domain name. Edit your pages so they are ready. When they are, ask VH to change the main domain domain, to be the new one (i believe there is a small fee for that) . Publish the pages in the public_html as you did till now, and as soon as VH completes the procedure, the new domain name will be alive.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

THANK YOU, thats sounds pretty straight forward, I may do the latter, but will consider both. One more question? How do I contact Voda to get there help for the quick change over? I know sometimes its hard to get through to who I need to ask assistance, Thanks again:)

Comment

You need to contact the help desk, submitting a support ticket. provide your Customer ID, full name, the old domain name and the new one (so you first need to purchase that). It is usually done in 24 hours.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Awesome, Thank YOU! I need to make a few preparations first then I will get on it! Have a Super Weekend

Comment

Hi dear,

Sorry for being a pain. I would like to change my current domain www.cotedivoirebusiness.com to a new www.mothersview.com. What is the best way to achieve this?
            I don't mind losing any data.

Please help me out.

Mr Doueu
            wexcudrl

Comment

Working...
            X