• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roly
    Sergeant First Class

• Jul 2006

New computer

I am switching to a new computer and I will need to move blue voda files and pages from my old computer to the new one. How do I go about doing this?
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: New computer

You should do a forum search to find a number of solutions for you to choose from that you feel most comfortable following.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Dorothy
      Master Sergeant

• Feb 2007

I just read some advice concerning this topic: two choices (may be others). 1. email each page from old computer file to yourself. Open file on new computer and save to Blue Voda., or
      2. pull up your page on the internet using the new computer, import to blue voda page builder, make any adjustments to page and republish.

hope this helps
      This is Dorothy with
      http://www.homespunways2.com

Comment

• Tom vR
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi Roly,

If you can write all your BV and/or web folders to a CD or external hard disk, it will be a real bonus. On your new pc, just make sure that the BV folder (or your web working folder) you copy from the CD is in the exact same location in the file tree structure.

This is why: Normally your files are in the My Documents folder, right? Chances are that this folder is not the same on your two computers as you will also have a username like folder in the My Documents tree. Even if you copy the entire BV folder from My Documents on one pc to the My Documents folder on the other pc, the link to the images are broken due to the username folder. This will result in your images not uploading.

Make sure the tree structure is the same on the new pc.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X