• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apple
    Private First Class

• Sep 2007

Another newbie question

Could anyone tell some general stuff about hosting your site?
    The only movie I saw about it just shows me how to publish it, but what if you don't have a domain? And when I do, how do I get it towards the domain and are there any free domains available or some kind of thing?
    The error I'm getting is that it's telling me I need to save the page before I can publish it, obviously I tried to save the page many times but it's not solving the problem.

Thanks.
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Another newbie question

You cant publish the page without hosting. You also need a domain to publish to. There are no free domain names! You must purchase one. Once you get one you point it to the server with the information you are given in your welcome letter.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Apple
      Private First Class

• Sep 2007

Thanks, that clears allot, isn't there an option that I load the script from what I created into a free website maker like *******s or some other with an HTML script? There must be some way to load it in a free website maker and that you get an adress like: www.<*******sitemaker>.com/My-site-name

Thanks again.

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

You can only use BlueVoda with a Vodahost hosting account

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Dorothy
          Master Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Hello *****
          You'll find the people on this forum to be great Newbie Liberators. I know where you're coming from in seeking the simplist, least expensive way to get web pages up and publicized. We've all been there.
          Well, you've found it. You already know a little about using the page builder which allows you to be as technical - or not - as you want to be. The cost of hosting here is as good as it gets, plus so many fringe benefits that you'd have to pay for elsewhere. Then there's the 'how-to-do-its' to practice till you've got it right, plus all these people to support you along the way.
          If you're into Internet marketing, you have to have a web site and you need to be in control of what's advertised on it - that eliminates the freebies. If you have something already published on a free site, you can pull it up on the internet and bring it into your voda page builder to edit so that it then can be published by voda under your own domain name.

This is not meant to be really instructional - just encouraging.
          This is Dorothy with
          http://www.homespunways2.com

Comment

Working...
          X