• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbrenusa
    Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Non-background Table Images & Printing

Hi -

I've done a search on this and found that people have the same issue I have with trying to print my page: www.casadecampoluxuryvillas.comcasadecampohomesfor sale.html from the Firefox browser - which is that it doesn't show any more than 1 of 1 A4 page. Any suggestions if there is a setting that could resolve this would be useful.

However, when I try and print it from IE, it prints the 10-11 pages but initially did not show the images - which I saved as background images in the table. I found where in IE (tools>options>advanced) to click to make the background images appear, but don't want to have to explain that to everyone who looks at the page and I'd rather not have to recreate the page as a printable doc each time I revise it. (though I probably will)

So here is my question:
    1. Is there a way in the tables to insert an image, that would print normally, and not have to be considered a background image? An easy html code insertion perhaps? (I'm not too code ****.)

I was all excited to have the images in the table (since the previous way I had been doing it with images ontop of the table frame was cumbersome, but it did look nice and printed fine. (see my other pages at www.casadecampoluxuryvillas.com/cdclvforsale1.html ) Any ideas?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, I haven't been using tables too often.

Thanks in advance.
  • sbrenusa
    Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Re: Non-background Table Images & Printing

sorry my link didn't post correctly

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, you will be very luck to get any web page print correctly. Your best bet is to convert them to PDF & have links to a printable page or downloads.
      Here are a couple of freebies that are quite good.

Downloaded by 30+ million users. Get Nitro’s PDF converter and quickly convert to PDF from 300+ file types. PrimoPDF - the 100% free PDF creator!

pdf995 is the fast, affordable way to create professional-quality documents in the popular PDF file format. (Win 95, 98, 2000 and Me, NT 4.0 and XP).
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• sbrenusa
        Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Thank you for your repsonse. I have primo and will be making the pdf link today.

Do you know if it is possible to add a regular picture file to a table?

Best regards.

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Hi, Yes! You can add an image to the whole table or the individuals cells of a table. Once you have the table on your page, right click & choose either the table properties or cell properties & enter your image from here.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Rob (SA)
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Nov 2006

Hi Chris,

This help on tables helped ame a lot - thanks for the info.

Question - now that I can post an image to a specific cell, how does one size the pic correctly so that all the pics are the same.

I have a whole bunch of passport size pics that I want to place next to each other.
            Kind Regards
            Rob
            www.gnjgf.co.za
            www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Working...
            X