• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Docantonio
    Sergeant

• Sep 2007

getting pages from different computer

i am at the office, I built and save all the pages thus far at home. How can i download the pages, ie index, home etc to the computer at the office in order to work on them here....

tony
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: getting pages from different computer

You can't. The only way is to use a memory stick or similar and stick them on there. However swapping between PC's means you will have to repoint your images every time!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Docantonio View Post
      i am at the office, I built and save all the pages thus far at home. How can i download the pages, ie index, home etc to the computer at the office in order to work on them here....

tony
      If you didn't choose a memory stick .............

You could import each page you wish to work on and republish from your office computer. Keep in mind the page you have on your home computer will not be the same as your office computer at this time, but you can correct that too ...

Import your page

Open up blue voda choosing a new blank page
      then go to file, new page from existing html
      tick remote
      type in the url of your domain or the page you are importing ...

You will need to make adjustments. You can work on your pages and republish. In so far as the images, you can save the images to your office computer dierctly from your website and reinsert those as well at the same time.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

oooops, sorry Lady... I forgot that option.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Docantonio
          Sergeant

• Sep 2007

thanks i realized all that ..i went ahead and saved them to a stick ...it seems easier, albeit you are right, images, etc if they arent on the officecomputer wont show up on office....vs the home...

question though.....

i have used the line input to make a vertical line on the tree box on the second page, when i pull up the page and click on enter it shows circles not the lines as i published? Any suggestions? is there an easier way?

Tony

Comment

• Marincky
            General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by Docantonio View Post
            thanks i realized all that ..i went ahead and saved them to a stick ...it seems easier, albeit you are right, images, etc if they arent on the officecomputer wont show up on office....vs the home...

question though.....

i have used the line input to make a vertical line on the tree box on the second page, when i pull up the page and click on enter it shows circles not the lines as i published? Any suggestions? is there an easier way?

Tony

Can we see what you mean? What's the url?

Comment

Working...
            X