• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Garrity
    Corporal

• Oct 2007

Authentication Required?

Could someone help me with this?

When I try to provide a download cue to a file in the File Manager, the recipient recieves a prompt asking for authentication.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the support.
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Authentication Required?

Is the file you are attempting to download behind a password protected directory?

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Joe Garrity
      Corporal

• Oct 2007

I uploaded the file to the www file in the file manager. I checked the password protected files, and none of them are set as protected. Is the www directrory protected by default?

This seems to be a very restriced and time consuming method of communication. Is there a tutorial on how to host files for download? I looked at the user manuel, and there is nothing on this topic.

Please reply.

Thanks

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

the www directory is at the same level as your root directory, it isn't accessible through a browser, move it to your public_html directory, or any directory above it ( ex. public_html/downloads )

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X