• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ptog
    Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Re: Multiple websites on one account?

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
    For your new domain, you should create on your own computer, a file within MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA to store the pages you create, as some of them will have the same file names for each domain, example - index and maybe even contactus.

I would try removing the addon domain and readding it again ...

Then publish your pages for this domain to public_html/scooterphoto
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks, P.
    When in doubt, Whip it out

Comment

• Ptog
      Sergeant

• Sep 2007

For your new domain, you should create on your own computer, a file within MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA to store the pages you create, as some of them will have the same file names for each domain, example - index and maybe even contactus.

I would try removing the addon domain and readding it again ...

Then publish your pages for this domain to public_html/scooterphoto
      I made the new folder (scooterphoto) in "mydocuments/bluevoda" but can't seem to save my test page to it. It goes in right along next to my other pages.

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Ptog View Post
        I made the new folder (scooterphoto) in "mydocuments/bluevoda" but can't seem to save my test page to it. It goes in right along next to my other pages.
        Okay, you will have to use the drop down menu, when the SAVE IN box appears on your screen, at the top, you will see where to change this, and then browse through your files to see your new folder you created ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Ptog
          Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Okay. I got that done. But now I cant publish it. It keeps coming up no such file or directory. Am I not naming it correctly?

Well I thought I got it. It said it published but I can't find anywhere. :o(

Comment

• Ptog
            Sergeant

• Sep 2007

It will only publish if I publish it to "public_html/scooterphoto" but I still can't find it online.

Ok. I found it under http://www.thewindowphoto.com/scooterphoto. But I don't want thewindow part in there. I'm trying to read navadesign istructions but am getting stuck somewhere.

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Well, your very first page that you create and publish for this new domain needs to be named index and published to this new directory ....

Be sure you do not have a redirect added? Go into that icon in your control panel and have a look, if you have it as a redirect, remove it ...

Go into your public_html folder and look for a folder called scooterphoto
              if you see it, all should be good, if you do not, this means you have not correctly added this on as an ADDON Domain ...

Try that ...

ALSO - remember to remove the photoscooter when publishing to your main domain, and add the photoscooter when publishing to your add on domain (this in the publish area box)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Ptog
                Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Well, your very first page that you create and publish for this new domain needs to be named index and published to this new directory ....

Be sure you do not have a redirect added? Go into that icon in your control panel and have a look, if you have it as a redirect, remove it ...

Go into your public_html folder and look for a folder called scooterphoto
                if you see it, all should be good, if you do not, this means you have not correctly added this on as an ADDON Domain ...

Try that ...

ALSO - remember to remove the photoscooter when publishing to your main domain, and add the photoscooter when publishing to your add on domain (this in the publish area box)
                I did have a redirect. I hit the remove button and it said it was removed but it is still redirecting.

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Okay ... well I would remove everything that you have done so far in regards to adding on this domain ... I would also go into my control panel, file manager, and remove any pages that I had previously published Anywhere for this domain ... I would then log back out ... wait a few minutes, go in and check to be sure everything is clean from this, make sure that there is NO folder for Scooter Photo and then I would go and add on my domain and publish an index page to public_html/scooterphoto
                  and then have a look ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Ptog
                    Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Okay ... well I would remove everything that you have done so far in regards to adding on this domain ... I would also go into my control panel, file manager, and remove any pages that I had previously published Anywhere for this domain ... I would then log back out ... wait a few minutes, go in and check to be sure everything is clean from this, make sure that there is NO folder for Scooter Photo and then I would go and add on my domain and publish an index page to public_html/scooterphoto
                    and then have a look ...
                    OK. This would be another index.bvp in the scooterphoto folder correct?

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Ptog View Post
                      OK. This would be another index.bvp in the scooterphoto folder correct?
                      Almost, but not exactly - Blue Voda Software converts the .bvp file for you on it's way from your computer to your server - you will be looking for a page called index.html - you can view this page as well from your control panel to be certain you are deleting the correct page ... when you delete, the file will go into the recycle bin, if you make a mistake you can retrieve it and replace it there ... don't empty your recycle bin at this time - just in case ... (although if you did, you could always republish your index page for your main domain again) ...

So try and clean out any files that do not belong to your main domain . namely the index page for your scooterphoto domain

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Ptog
                        Sergeant

• Sep 2007

I've went in and deleted the old stuff. This is what I'm looking at so far after redoing it for the new site. It still goes to http://www.thewindowphoto.com after publishing.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Ptog
                          Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Ah! I had asked before if I needed to unpark it and nobody said anything. That was the problem. Unpark before addon. :o) All is good.

Comment

Working...
                          X