• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlholl
    Corporal

• Nov 2006

Removable Storage Devices and BlueVoda Web Builder

Has anyone tried to download the BV Builder and their site onto a removable storage device successfully? I have tried to on SanDisk and am told if that won't take it (which it didn't) none would. I was also told that it could be a security issue on the web builder software that prevents this device from reading it correctly. Can you help? I really need to be able to build my site on any computer and publish from there when I travel. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help! Love you BV people!!

Debra H.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Removable Storage Devices and BlueVoda Web Builder

Sorry....you will need to load it directly onto each computer you wish to use. Since it is a Free download, this should pose no problem whatsoever, even for public computers such as libraries and internet cafes, which automatically clear themselves at the end of each session....

As a executable program file, the BV download needs to be rooted as designed, and is not simply a "file" to be shuffled hither-thither.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Watdaflip
      Major General

• Sep 2005

You can use a u3 capable flash drive and load the program directly from it, I don't know if BV would put the files on the drive or in your my doc, but...

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• dlholl
        Corporal

• Nov 2006

Thanks for the suggestions. I have the Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive. I thought I would download the BV Builder directly to the flash drive, then ALL my web pages. YIKES! I do have a laptop that I could always use instead of just ANY computer while I travel. My question is if it's all on my Drive, removable or not, it doesn't make any sense to me that I couldn't use it on any computer for updates. Anyway, I'll let you know.

thanks guys!! d

Comment

• LadyEye
          General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Download the blue voda website builder on any and all computer that you are going to use. Doing it this way will ensure that blue voda is installed on the correct directory in your computer ...

Updating your pages from any computer will always show the latest page on the internet. The issue comes with what page is left on your own computer that you last updated. Blue Voda pages are built on your own computer and therefore for each computer you will have the latest page that you built and updated on the individual computers, until you transfer to and from each computer, those same pages (.bvp files) and any images that you used for the same. It's just a matter of some extra work to keep the latest pages as .bvp files on all of your computers. It doesn't mean that you can't update your page from any computer.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• dlholl
            Corporal

• Nov 2006

Thanks for all your suggestions. I was afraid that you were going to tell me each page would have to be updated to any computer I used. YIKES! Guess I'll keep my laptop updated and just take it with me.

SanDisk says it will download .exe files, but it didn't even recognize bvsetup and webbuilder -- oh well, I see TechRepublic has talked about the same frustrating issue and it sounds as though a new generation removable storage 3.0 is about to be introduced to the market. Guess we'll see if that works.

Thanks again!

Debra

Comment

Working...
            X