3 questions/problems for my nearly completed website that has published successfully.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gordon787
    Staff Sergeant

• Sep 2007

3 questions/problems for my nearly completed website that has published successfully.

Late this afternoon I published, for the first time, my 8-page VodaHost website and the messages that came back said they published successfully. However, there are problems associated with the email-contact page, as well as my other problem, as I state in my 3 topics below. Help on these will be appreciated greatly:

(1) How do I link my major website pages to the menu buttons that I've created? I don't want to use the hyperlink button function because that then changes my menu button names to the same hyperlink style as hyperlinked text and I want the menu button names simply to be text/words with no underscores and colors, but yet I want to keep the typical hyperlink style for other such uses. Because no menu buttons served my needs (such as my need for long menu button names that needed two lines of text arranged vertically), I created my own text buttons along with a round-rectangle shape around them. I then linked the shape of these respective menu buttons to the website pages, but people want to click on the menu button name, and not necessarily the shape, to go to the respective website page. So, how do I have a click on either the menu button word or the shape surrounding it to take the reader to the respective website page (without creating a style change typically caused by the standard hyperlink function)?

(2) How do I get back to the ABVFP Forms administrator location? I downloaded it and I created a contact form page and it published fine. However, I need to change the text that goes to a person who sends an email message, confirming that his/her email message was sent along with the message that he/she sent.

(3) Separate from above, I created a Thank-you-for-submitting page to acknowledge persons who send me an email though my website contact page using the ABVFP contact form that I created--for which I simply modified/enhanced/personalized the ABVFP contact form format. However, my thank-you-for-submitting page that I created does not get sent to people who send me email and, instead, the very basic non-enhanced ABVFP thank-you-for-submitting page goes instead.

Help with my above 3 items will be appreciated greatly. And, yes, I really have watched and re-watched all the VodaBlue video tutorials.

gordon787
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: 3 questions/problems for my nearly completed website that has published successfu

1. Make your buttons, in *** or similar, with the names already on them and insert them as images then link the images to your pages.

or

save the blank button image you create in *** to the same directory as the other BV button images > My Computer > c: > Program Files > Blue Voda > Navbar or something very similar - check your Windows Explorer to find where to save, if that's not correct. You can then access it as with the others and it will work the same way.

2. Type http://www.yourwebsite.com/ABVFP/dbts_ABVFP_admin1.php into your browser's address bar. Or check your CPanel > File Manager to see what the correct directory is called if you changed it.

3. The 'Thank you' page is not designed to be sent to people only to be displayed upon submission of the form. The form works properly and sends a text only email to each submitter. You can alter the wording and layout of this email in the ABVFP Admin, as mentioned above.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• gordon787
      Staff Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Thank you, thank you very much.

Thank you for your reply that you sent for my 3 questions. Your reply message seems to address my #1 and #2 questions, but not my #3 question (which I probably didn't state correctly). Nevertheless, I am greatly appreciative of your reply and, as soon as I get some time to spend on this, I intend to focus on solving my problems with your information.

In regard to my third question concerning the Thank-you-for-submitting page that I created (or, rather, modified) to acknowledge persons who send me an email though my website contact page using the ABVFP contact form, I simply modified/enhanced/personalized the ABVFP contact form that came with my respective zip download (thankyou_page, with HTML extension). However, even though I changed the page extension to php as the tutorial instructions said to do, my thank-you-for-submitting page that I created does not get sent to people who send me email and, instead, the original ABVFP thank-you-for-submitting page goes instead with the DB Technosystems large printed name and the instructions in large red letters at the top -- "Your Header Here!" -- and in large red letters at the side--"Your Menu Here!"

I did insert my header and my menu, saved it, changed the extension to php, and published it to my website (at least I think I did--I am very new to this). I checked by VodaHost CPanel (www.gordonpatzer.com) and I do see the page with the extension (thankyou.php) in my public_html file, but yet this personalized thank you page (after inserting the header and menu as instructed) does not get sent to people who submit an email message to me through my website (www.gordonpatzer.com) contact page.

As I stated above, I am new (very new) to this, so anything is possible in that I am apparently overlooking some critical step.

Thank you again for your earlier help and I welcome any additional comment that you can provide.

Sincerely,

gordon787

Comment

Working...
      X