Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does a website look different in different browsers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does a website look different in different browsers?

Hello Folks

Just looking for a comment on why websites can like OK in one browser and be completely messed up in another.

Is there some way to prevent this happening?

I use Internet Explorer yet had someone tell me my site was messed up on IE6.

I've also tried Netscape and it looks as it should.

Any thoughts welcome.

John

Re: Why does a website look different in different browsers?

No websites look perfect in all browsers, You have to reach a happy medium.
    My advice is to get it looking good in IE. If it looks good in IE your ahead of
    the game.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Why does a website look different in different browsers?

Because browsers are made by different companies they don't all interpret the code exactly the same. Also not all browsers support all the html tags (Mainly netscape), that is most likly why it doesn't look the same

IE makes up almost 70% of users, followed by 20% using firefox. If you can get your site working with both youll be fine. Netscape is behind the game, they still don't support some of the attributes IE and Mozilla does, plus, its is a small percent (only half of a percent) Here's the list of state (http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp)

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
      X