Saving & Reopening with Pictures from CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving & Reopening with Pictures from CD

I can finally save my pages without any problem. There are a few pages that I have included photos as well.... the photos were copied a cd... Each time I try to open the pages without the cd in the computer it shows up blank or the program prompts me saying that it cannot load the page. I tried copying the photos onto my hard drive and opening the pages, but it still doesn't work.

Re: Saving & Reopening with Pictures from CD

Hi there,
    I guess you saved the pictures with a different format than .jpg or .gif (by default i am using those two and it works fine with me). Or may be your pictures are too large and need to be resized using PIXresizer which you can download for free from BlueVoda. Or you thought you saved them but nope, you didn't.
    Let's start from the beginning:
    -You put your cd into your computer.
    -You may either "copy pictures to a folder in my computer..." or "open to view files".
    -Copy the selected pictures to a folder in your computer like "my pictures".
    -Open PIXresizer and resize the selected pictures. You will be amazed knowing that you can turn a .Megabites picture to a .Kilobites picture without losing much of its quality. This will help greatly to upload your page to the server and for people to download and view it.
    -Back to BlueVoda, insert the image. By default, the window will open on "my pictures". If not, look where you saved the pictures and insert them into your page. You can see the pictures right away on your page. Save the page and preview it to check how will it be on the internet.
    Good luck to you,
    Quyhurry

Comment

thanks for the reply... but, unfortunately, I did that! I copied the entire photo album to a folder on my desktop and took the cd out. Another question is that I have pages linked together. The links are on my index and when I click to preview the page I click on a link and it won't go to the next page. Is it because I haven't published them yet?

Comment

2nd question first: yes, you have to publish all pages for the links to work. You must have an account with Vodahost in order to publish your pages though.

1st question: Weird. It has to work:(
        Please recheck these steps:
        -Does the picture appear right after you insert it onto the page you are working on?
        -Did you save the page?
        -How the preview turn out?
        Assuming that everything is fine, now close the program and reopen the page.
        -Is the picture still there as you put it?
        -Is preview still good?
        If all the previous steps are positive,it's working then. Until now, you don't need to have an account with Vodahost yet.

-You said "Each time I try to open the pages without the cd in the computer it shows up blank or the program prompts me saying that it cannot load the page." So, if you have the cd in your computer, it does show, yes or no? If yes, i suspect a conflict in your BlueVoda. It tends to point to your cdrom. Anyhow, it's beyond my knowledge:(
        Wish someone can lighten me up.
        Quyhurry

Comment

Working...
        X