I Goofed!!!!!!!!!!!! Need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Goofed!!!!!!!!!!!! Need help!!!

Hi, my name is John. Just recently I was getting frustrated not being listed with Google and went to Vodahits to try to change a few items of HTML at their suggestion.
    Long story short, I messed up my HTML. george told me it cannot be fixed and I must redo the page.
    My question - How do you delete a page from your website?
    Also, since this is the index page, do I really have to delete it and redo it or do I take my existing index page and dismantle it and put it back together again?
    I'm so lost and I have a mailer going out to clients promoting my site www.muralsandmoreart.com
    Thanks for your help!

Re: I Goofed!!!!!!!!!!!! Need help!!!

Just create a new index page. Copy and paste what you can from the old one and recreate what you can't. It really shouldn't take you very long to do. Save the new page as index and it will overwrite the old file, then publish and it will have the same effect on the server.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks so much. I'll give it a shot!!!

Here's another question - let's say your website has 5 pages and you totally wanted to delete a page although it's been published. How would you go about doing this?

Comment

Use BlueFTP to log into the server and delete it that way.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thank you muchly. I recreated a new index page, it automatically replaced the old one and it published perfectly. Thank you so much!!
          Originally posted by racefan20
          Use BlueFTP to log into the server and delete it that way.

Comment

Happy to help any time. If you have questions in the future, there are plenty of people here willing to help, but please post your questions in one of the help forums a little further down the page. It makes it easier to navigate this place.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
            X