Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with "Go Menu"

Hi,
    I created a "Go Menu" that has just three links. When I do a preview and select one of the items in the menu, I just get "error on page". I know that the links are correct. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Parris
    www.polkcountybikeclug.org

Re: Problem with "Go Menu"

Are the pages published?
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

The links that I point to are valid links on the web. As I said, I am doing a "preview" so it is not a "published" issue. Actually, the Go menu works initially but then it simply stops and gives the error message.
      Parris

Comment

When you are doing a "preview", it most certainly can be a "published" issue. Sometimes if a page isn't published, the links on it don't work properly, sometimes they do. If you're positive the links are correct, then I'd recommend publishing and seeing what you get. It at least narrows things down a little.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hmmm. As you might understand, I don't want to "publish" the page yet. I want to make sure it is all working properly. I didn't know that there is a problem with the "preview" option, i.e., it sometimes doesn't work. Is there a list of other functions that don't work properly with "preview"?
          Parris

Comment

Well, you can always publish it as a different page just to see what it looks like. Give it some funky name only you know, go look at it, then delete it.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'm not really interested in finding bugs and having to publish all of my pages just to test them out.
              The basic questions that I have are:
              1. Is there a bug associated with the Go Menu when trying to preview or am I doing something wrong?
              2. Are there other "features" that do no work well in the preview mode?
              Parris

Comment

Hi there,
                I don't think there is a bug -per se- associated with the Go Menu when trying to preview or you did something wrong if you are 100% sure that you type the hyperlinks right. Let's say that the program is not "refined" enough and there's still room to improve. Also it could have been caused by conflicts in each individual computers, for example the anti-virus, firewall, temp files or cache stuff ect...
                Me too ,sometimes the links do not work on preview, as well as many other features like mouse over colors, altered text links colors (when you don't want the default colors of text links or when you discard the underline). I don't remember all but I have encountered a few. Anyrate, everything is fine when the pages are published and things work like they are supposed to.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. What I was concerned about was that I was doing something incorrectly. But, I like your "room for improvement" comment. Sounds like a PC version of "bug"
                  Parris

Comment

Working...
                  X