Preview in browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview in browser

I seem to be having a problem previewing my site in BV (i.e. I click on the preview button and nothing happens). I am us current IE and it works everywhere else including email when used to link to a site out of the message. Is there some configuration I need to do in BV? Thanks for any guidance on that. Seems like this should be a no brainer kind of thing and I'm not new web site building having used Dreamweaver, Frontpage, & Netobjects Fusion in the past.

Re: Preview in browser

Its been my experience this happens when I have too many programs running in the background. Try pulling up your task manager find out what processes are running. I have lost a days work because of this in the past. I have learnt to be safe, it is best to to have no other programs running except the essentials when working in Blue Voda. pet121

Comment

Pete is correct, also there are very few thing a good reboot will not fix. Try it.
      Last edited by VodaHost; 12-12-2005, 02:54 AM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks to you both for your replies. Reboot did'nt make any difference. Will try taking down some programs.

Comment

FWIW, sometimes having a page open on certain sites will interfere with the preview as well. For instance, if I have NASCAR.com open and try to preview I get nothing. There are a couple other sites (including my own forum) that do the same thing. So, I just close the conflicting page out and can then preview just fine.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks for that thought. But not the problem. Interesting thing though, I don't have a problem connecting thru BV to this forum and getting the browser. Also, FYI, I turned off all programs and even stopped some unneeded services and I still can't preview. Anyone else with a suggestion?

Comment

without going into great detail try this. Open your email minimze then go into Blue Voda try and preview. If this fails then its your operating system preventing you from previewing.

Comment

You can (probably) fix this using the standard Windows file extension dialog:
                1. Select an HTML file in Windows Explorer with the right mouse button
                2. Select 'Open With' from the context menu
                3. Choose Internet Explorer from the list and make sure is always uses this program to open HTML.
                Once you've done this BlueVoda should automatically use these settings to preview the HTML it generates in your browser.

or from the My Computer/Explorer menubar select:
                Tools->Folder Options->File Types and assign the HTML extension to IE.
                Consult the Windows help for more details.
                Forum Moderator
                BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Pablo is right. Your operating system IE I assume is not set up to preview. Follow his directions.

Comment

Pablo, your the best. It worked going thru the file types route. I appreciate all the suggestions from everyone else too. Learned something new. It was showing as working with the "open with" way, but it wasn't. When I went thru the Tools etc option...it worked.

Comment

Working...
                    X