• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dickward
    Private First Class

• Aug 2005

Return from forum page

I have navagated my self through all of my pages. Now I need to find a way to get out of the forum page without logging off.

I need a return button.

Thank you

Dick
  • racefan20
    Major General

• Jul 2005

Re: Return from forum page

Are you using phpBB? If so, open your overall_header.tpl, look for the link that references your forum, change it to a link for your main site, save and upload. After you do this, anyone who clicks on the logo at the top of your page will be taken to your main site. (Mine is set up this way if you want to see what I mean.) I'd also recommend making the target for the link to your forum _blank so that the forum opens in a new window.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• dickward
      Private First Class

• Aug 2005

I used the PHPBB forum included with the BV programs. I don’t seem to have much control with it now that I got it.

Can I introduce one from another source such as , http://www.geeklog.net/

The forums will be the heart of my site, so I want as much control on them as possible.

Thank you

Comment

• racefan20
        Major General

• Jul 2005

I think if you look into your phpBB install a little more, you'll find that you have complete control over it. You can edit any files you like, change the appearance, configure many settings for visitors and so on. Plus, there are modifications available to add just about any type of feature you can imagine.

Your choice, of course, but I looked at geeklog and I don't see an advantage to using it over phpBB. Whatever you end up using, good luck to you and bring your patience. LOL Building a forum is fun, but it requires a lot of trial and error.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
        X