• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Working with different PC's

Originally posted by Gumpy
    Is it possible for BV to make a folder in the control panel for all the files to be stored? this way all you have to do is log into your site and work on it from any computer.it seems that wouldn't be so hard to do?
    something like a master folder.
    This would be a great feature to have if possible to do
    You can access all your files online with your file manager..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Gumpy
      Private First Class

• Dec 2005

I understand that,what i'm tring to get at, suppose you have all your files on your desktop pc,and you want to take your laptop,or if you want someone else from a different location to update the site.or if you have different people from different locations working on ONE site.

Comment

• VodaHost

• Mar 2005

I understand...currently the only way to do this is as described above.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Gumpy
          Private First Class

• Dec 2005

Thanks *****!
          Does that last post mean your working on something in the future?

Comment

• Lincslady
            Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

This is just the info i was looking for, i have a partner who is lives in the USA...i'm in the UK...(not for long tho)..we like to work on our website together as much as we possibly can , we are both new to all this so it helps to have each other ..i have a .com and a .co.uk domain ..one for the USA market and one for the UK market ..same site just different content..its a language thing ...you say tomata we say tomato ..kinda thing :) after reading the above ..let me see if ive got this right

We both have bv on our pc's and have to work on these separatly....(i cant get into his files and he cant get into mine)..that right?
            but we can upload files from bv to a main file using blueftp?...

Ok all i have to do now is figure out what blueftp is and how to work it :)

Thank you

Lincs
            Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• Julia
              Special Status

• Nov 2005

Very important issue this one, i took a look in my BlueVoda folder, i could see my templates, and images but anythng else, nowhere a folder where my text or something else has been stored, am i missing something in my bluevoda folder?, i would like in the future to update my pages from any computer in my neighbourhood, are master files automatically stored in the folder Bluevoda?....

Comment

• Julia
                Special Status

• Nov 2005

Hi Lincslady.. i am very curious about your plan on working your website together with your partner from two different computers, would you tell me if everything was ok uploading the master files and working on the site that way..

Kind regards

Originally posted by Lincslady
                This is just the info i was looking for, i have a partner who is lives in the USA...i'm in the UK...(not for long tho)..we like to work on our website together as much as we possibly can , we are both new to all this so it helps to have each other ..i have a .com and a .co.uk domain ..one for the USA market and one for the UK market ..same site just different content..its a language thing ...you say tomata we say tomato ..kinda thing :) after reading the above ..let me see if ive got this right

We both have bv on our pc's and have to work on these separatly....(i cant get into his files and he cant get into mine)..that right?
                but we can upload files from bv to a main file using blueftp?...

Ok all i have to do now is figure out what blueftp is and how to work it :)

Thank you

Lincs

Comment

• Darrell
                  Members

• Jun 2005

I've tried this when my site was small,but now when its bigger its a pain!!!
                  I'd like to see a storage space in the control panel where all the files are stored rather then your documents.then once you've downloaded all the files to both your computers or the people that is working on the sites.you would only have to download the files that you recently put on the site. .******** has this and it works great.But BV is a much better site builder program.Would this be something that is possible?
                  Last edited by VodaHost; 03-02-2006, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Darrell
                    Members

• Jun 2005

I have to bring this back up again
                    Anyone having any luck working with different PC's
                    with my one site i have,we've had around 850,000 hits in the last year
                    with one guy updating it all the time,makes it really hard,when we have different guys covering alot of areas in the state.we've been wanting to expand to different states but until we can fig.this out,we just can't make no more sites.
                    Any help on this would be appreciated

Comment

• VodaHost

• Mar 2005

It's not a perfect by any stretch, its just a work around. Another thing
                      you could do is download all your BV files to a portable USB drive.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• navaldesign
                        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

I work on my site from home, from office and sometimes waiting in the airport, from my laptop. I have some (not all) of my pages and relevant image files, uploaded on my site, so when i need to work frm a location, i edit my page, and then upload the .bvp file and the images to the site. If the next time i need to work on it from another location, i simply download the files from the site. I only loose a couple more minutes every time to upload the files, but i have them available from anywhere.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Darrell
                          Members

• Jun 2005

We had a problem come up this weekend,The guy that does our one site got sick and couldn't make the meet.now we're sitting around trying to fig.out how to update the site.the site is rather large over 2500 meg.and everythings on his home computer 200 miles away.
                          Will there ever be away to we can work on different sites from different computers.I love this program except for this problem.

Comment

• navaldesign
                            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Darrell
                            We had a problem come up this weekend,The guy that does our one site got sick and couldn't make the meet.now we're sitting around trying to fig.out how to update the site.the site is rather large over 2500 meg.and everythings on his home computer 200 miles away.
                            Will there ever be away to we can work on different sites from different computers.I love this program except for this problem.
                            This is not a BV problem. All, i repeat ALL site builders need the files to work with. The solution is excactly as described above. For every page being built, upload and save on the site the .bvp page and the images used. So if next time you need to work from 1000 miles away, simply download the page and the images, and you can go on working.
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                            X