Can anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help?

Does anyone know if there is a alternate way of publishing a site or is there a way to make the bluevoda website I made as a home page without giving it a website domain?

Re: Can anyone help?

You can create a sub-domain (which is done in your cPanel, and which can be quickly understood by looking at the link www sudomainname.OriginalPrimaryDomainName.com), or simply what or simply what I call a "drone":
    Say your first website (the one with a domain name you now have) looks like this as a link www YourDomainName.com and you have pages already, on of whic is your contact page which would look like this www YourDomainName.com/contact_us.html right? Why not continue to make a "website" within the same rules you would for making 'Pages'?
    For instance, your 'Home Page' of this new website could look like this: www YourDomainName.com/newwebsitename_home.html
    And you would simply create your navigation with the tight rules you did your first (i.e. www YourDomainName.com/newwebsitename_secondpage.html, etc.), always remembering that your 'index' page link should always be entered as www YourDomainName.com/newwebsitename_home.html
    That is why sub-domains are usually preferred, for they offer a bit more separation from your other site and maintain the common navigational structure (although sub-domain search and metrics have been downgraded due to the abuse of such constructs to easily be the origins of viral sites and sources of spam).

Subdomains and other configurations lack much of the dynamic value (Search, easy visitor navigation and recognition, no natural cache assists, etc.) that it really makes one wonder why the low cost of a new domain would be an issue at all ..... having a 'keyable' domain and all the metric value that comes with it is hardly anything to equate as worth surrendering for only a few dollars ...... IMO.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks, I had a hard time finding that in my cpannel but I'm really starting to figure things out, the only thing I can't find is my account#

Comment

Your Welcome email (or in Blue Voda's saved settings in the PUBLISH dialog box) shows you which server your account has been assigned, and that is the server you select to log onto your Control Panel.
        Use the same User name and Password you do for Blue Voda.

If you are keen to create a Sub-Domain, click on the icon displayed in your cPanel.

If you choose to go the high road and purchase another domain, you will need to use the ADD-ON DOMAIN icon instead. Once the add-on domain directory is successfully established, you should then go back to re-set DNS at the domain provider, or if buying it via VodaHost, check to make sure the server settings are correct.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X