DJ Site - sitemap help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Site - sitemap help

Okay, i don't know much on this subject, so here goes. I've read countless times now about having a sitemap on your site. So i'm now trying to put one in my site, even though my site may not require one.
    But i've hit a stumbling block, I followed the instruction on google sitemap creator, and i've successfully generated a sitemap, however when
    i try to open this sitemap file within BV i get an "unexpected format" file error. How do i get this sitemap file to upload to where the other files upload to when published. I know i'm doing something wrong, can somebody help please.

www.wexforddj.com

Re: DJ Site - sitemap help

Hi ..

You won't be able to open that with blue voda, as it is not a blue voda file ..

This file that you received will need to be uploaded to your public_html directory) - providing this is your main domain you are working with, in any case, it will need to be uploaded to the directory of the domain ..
    public_html is the directory for your main domain - other domains are found within the public_html in their own directory (folder)

You can log into your control panel and enter into the public_html directory and choose to upload a file - browse through your computer to find this .xml file and upload it .. once there, apply a link on your home page (index page) . You can use the word sitemap and link as text to http://www.yourdomainname.com/sitemap.xml Most normally put this link down the bottom right or left of your page, and in small font, maybe 8pt or so. You will need to republish your index page as well.

When you click that link you will open a page of source code, this is normal.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: DJ Site - sitemap help

Thanks a million LadyEye. it worked.

Comment

Working...
      X