• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maric
    Private First Class

• Apr 2008

Temporary URL and my sites URL

What is the difference between my temporary url and my site url?

In my email they sent to me with all my information was these to items. After publishing my site i clicked on my site url and nothing happened. but when i clicked on my temporary url it showed my web sites index.
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Temporary URL and my sites URL

You domain name has to propigate on the internet, once it has then the temporary url isn't needed, until then thats the only way to access it. give it up to 48 hours

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Maric
      Private First Class

• Apr 2008

so do you mean that i don't have to change any thing i just have to wait for it to change on it's own?

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

Correct

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Maric
          Private First Class

• Apr 2008

It's actually been more then 48 hours and if not up by tomorrow what do you suggest i do? Is there additional steps to be taken to get the site to work with the right url?

Comment

• Watdaflip
            Major General

• Sep 2005

Make sure your nameservers are to what vodahost told you they should be in the welcome email (do a whois search)

Register/Login Script

Comment

• Maric
              Private First Class

• Apr 2008

I was not with any other place. i got my domain name from voda host so will that apply to me because i have looked at the VodaHosts Name Server (DNS) and it said:
              " In order for your domain name to work on our servers you must change
              your name servers to match the name servers provided in your welcome
              letter.
              This also applies if you bought your domain name From VodaHost Domains.
              You still must configure it.
              "

Is that what i have to do and if so how would i go about doing that?

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

VodaHost immediately provides you direct access to the server space assigned to you once you have paid for an account, but it may take up to 72 hours for all registrations to be processed and verified by ICANN (especially if purchasing a domain).

Once the registration processes are comleted, your URL may be accessed from any browser as normally entered .... if you have published a website using tempoary/direct access, this site will be visible.

If you have a domain elsewhere, once registration is completed and proper path established, you will need to make DNS changes at your domain provider to "point to" the VodaHost server so when keying in your domain it will deliver you to your populated account and display your previously published website.
                Please do not pre-empt any normally occurring procedures by attempting to change DNS at VodaHost for domains residing elsewhere, nor for VodaHost domains with websites hosted in separate accounts or at other providers. Don't rush things .... let the computers do their thing!

If you still have issues after 72 hours, you should Submit a Support Ticket to have a personal solution offered.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Maric
                  Private First Class

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  VodaHost immediately provides you direct access to the server space assigned to you once you have paid for an account, but it may take up to 72 hours for all registrations to be processed and verified by ICANN (especially if purchasing a domain).

Once the registration processes are comleted, your URL may be accessed from any browser as normally entered .... if you have published a website using tempoary/direct access, this site will be visible.

If you have a domain elsewhere, once registration is completed and proper path established, you will need to make DNS changes at your domain provider to "point to" the VodaHost server so when keying in your domain it will deliver you to your populated account and display your previously published website.
                  Please do not pre-empt any normally occurring procedures by attempting to change DNS at VodaHost for domains residing elsewhere, nor for VodaHost domains with websites hosted in separate accounts or at other providers. Don't rush things .... let the computers do their thing!

If you still have issues after 72 hours, you should Submit a Support Ticket to have a personal solution offered.
                  Will this same procedure happen when and if i want to purchase an additional domain name with BV and add it to my account or is there some sort of transfer i will have to use to have that additional domain added? I assume either way i will have to wait for it to propagate as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X